Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • I think I've hit Peak Middle Class
  • BigJohn

Sitting in our apartamento, well not in exactly, but on one of its private terraces, in Tarifa, Spain. We come here in May for the blue fin tuna. The only time and place that it’s sustainably fished. And the windsurfing of course. Sadly had to leave our asparagus steamer at home.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I have a 14 year old who like to think he’s a little bit urban and edgy . . . .

Made me laugh when I gave him his dinner and he proclaimed

‘Yes! Kedgeree. . . . Kedgeree is peng’

tomhoward

Kedgeree for dinner? What kind of philistines are you?

Breakfast dear, breakfast…

mightymule
    Free Member

Became a member of English Heritage….. and have the sticker proudly displayed in the Jag….

sparksmcguff

Not making any claims to any class, but I did have a small melt down this evening while trying to make espresso in my vw california – the machine in booths didn’t grind the beans properly. That’ll teach me not to bring my own.

takisawa2

My circle of friends would never address me as “Hun”, let alone ask if I was “ok” without full use of the word “You”.

prawny

Went to the theatre yesterday afternoon in Lichfield (the site of our local Waitrose) to watch a luvvy production about lance armstrong and Marco Pantani.

Went to Costa afterwards like a proper middle class couple. Only hipsters drink good coffee, the middle classes pay for the crap stuff.

theotherjonv

The salmon and eggs is still well within your ‘nouveau poor’ ethos. In the middle ages there were riots in Scotland over salmon – The main grievance being the poor wanting there to be just one day a week – just one – where they didn’t have to eat salmon. Salmon was so abundant at the time it was cheaper than porridge.

Point noted. Just made some this morning (to use up the buttermilk) and now just had a piece toasted with jam* on it.

* Bonne Maman**; that’s $$$ed it up again hasn’t it.

** even worse; it’s not even Bonne Maman strawberry, it’s B-M strawberry and wild strawberry – because strawberry’s not middle class enough

*** Is ‘Bonne Maman’ french for milf?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

My circle of friends would never address me as “Hun”, let alone ask if I was “ok” without full use of the word “You”.

Ok you hun? Where I come from, that’s an invitation to partake in fisticuffs.

gerti
    Free Member

Daughter came home with a note from school about some special healthy day coming up where the kids have to bring in a healthy break to share with the rest of the class. The suggestions were:

Avocado
    Humous
    Passionfruit

WTF is wrong with a banana????

Kryton57

WTF is wrong with a banana????

May contain nuts.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘I think I've hit Peak Middle Class’ is closed to new replies.