Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I think I’ve got bees
  • oldgit
    Free Member

They look like bees going under the soffit. I’m pretty sure they’re bees they don’t look like the large bright yellow and black things that pester you at the pub, these are small and browner?
    Any ideas.
    Not too sure about popping my head up into the loft

Stoner
    Free Member

bag’em and sell them – havent you heard there’s a shortage! 🙂

Ambrose

Tell the council, they may well have a friendly bee-keeper who will collect them.

ratcatcher

if they are honey bees there will be lots that have appeared all of a sudden wasp nests are starting to get to a noticable size. bees will tend to mill around the entrance, wasps are far more in and out
    It`s unlikely bees can be got out if in the building fabric and its best to treat sooner rather than later (before honey stores are built up)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

bees will tend to mill around the entrance, wasps are far more in and out

So it’s bollox about so-called ‘busy bees’ …….. bees are shirkers ! 😯

Porch monkeys in fact ! ! !

hh45
    Free Member

whether they are bees or wasps please do not kill them! Neither will do you any harm if you leave them alone and they won’t damage your house. Neither carry germs or live off $hit like say rats, flies, cockroaches etc so please, be a good old git and leave them alone. If they are bees then as Ambrose says a bee keeper will be only too gratefiul to take them away.

Respecting animals isn’t just about golden eagles, whales and other trophy species.

enfht
    Free Member

Fingers crossed they’re just honey bees because if you’ve got the Heebeejee bees that’ll be really scary.

oldgit
    Free Member

Sounds more like wasps then, they just seem too small.

ratcatcher

Bee Keepers can only collect a swarm if they can get the Queen
    if she is in the fabric of the building thats not possible
    I`ve had wasps come through plaster board and into the house not often but not good
    council will be £45or£50 unless on income support

oldgit
    Free Member

No hanging down back legs in flight like wasps, but I can’t see any pollen either.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No hanging down back legs in flight like wasps, but I can’t see any pollen either.

They sound like a right load of lazy feckers your bees …………… probably poncing off the wasps, or sumfink.

Never mind the council – I would get onto the Daily Mail about them.

oldgit
    Free Member

Super Soaker. If they just stay chilled they’re bees, if they get pissed they’re wasps.

FAIL
    Free Member

Could be Japanese giant hornets, in which case you’ll need to stick a badger or two in the roof void.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Tax the honey.

RustySpanner

At least it’s not crabs.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

At least it’s not crabs.

Why ? What happens if you get crabs “going under the soffit” ?

I feel that I need to know 😕

RustySpanner

mefster
    Free Member

Same at our house. (Bees, not crabs that is!) Under the soffit board abouve the bedroom window. Doesn’t help that my wife has an irrational fear of wasps and bees. In the recent warm weather it has resulted in several dawn bee removals from the bedroom.

Need to call the council to get them removed if possible, if only so I can get a proper night’s sleep!

Reminds me of the two beekeepers who got chatting. First asked the second, “How many bees have you got?”
    “Ten thousand.” replied the second.
    “How many hives?”
    “Ten. How many bees have you got?” the second keeper asked the first.
    “A million bees” he replied.
    “A million bees!” exclaimed the second keeper, “How many hives?”
    “One.” he replied.
    “A million bees and one hive!” checked the second
    “F@!K ’em!” said the firsk keeper, “they’re only bees!”

IGMC…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hey ratcatcher. How’s it going man? I was only talking to someone about you last night (not in the biblical way of course)…all good in pest control?

mrchrispy

i really dont know why that is funny mefster but it made me chuckle.

anyway, back to the bees.

nuke em from orbit, its the only way to be sure.

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

Spray a little petrol on the soffit and then light it.
    Bee problem solved.
    No need to thank me . . .

saladdodger
    Free Member

if they are honey bees they are protected by law

If I was local to you I would collect them myself

get in touch with the council they have a swarm control list or look on the net for your local bee keeping assosiation

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I think I’ve got bees’ is closed to new replies.