• This topic has 27 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by danielbrown-spam.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I think I've fallen in love…….with a piece of metal.
  • kayak23

Blummin nice….Can anyone lend me a grand or so?

Bagstard
    Free Member

That does look rather nice!

chakaping
    Free Member

Makes me fancy a ciggie for some reason.

sputnik
    Free Member

Fancy a JPS Chaka?
    Does look nice Kaya, and not too expensive, go on, buy it!

khani
    Free Member

Looks like a mojo,..and I could murder a cig too,……..

willjones
    Free Member

daleftw
    Free Member

2/10.

Would not bang.

sputnik
    Free Member

Hey , even if a 10/10 bike existed I’d still not bang it, just plain wrong!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I reckon you wanted one of these:

as a kid, and never got one, and this is unfinished business. 😈

rickmeister

I’m a plastic bike lover myself…. and its annoying as I have a wrecked knee and cant ride my precious…

thered

Not too keen on the linkages but the paint job is sexy

And no I can’t lend you a grand, sorry

Bagstard
    Free Member

A friend of mine had that ultra burner, but his parents never let him ride further than the next street, I always lusted after the Suntour stem!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I think it looks a little like an SB66 myself.

D0NK

nice, saracen going upmarket lately aint they.

almightydutch
    Free Member

knucklebox = Not a chance!!!

kayak23

Yes! I did want one of those…but had to resign myself to an Ammaco Freestyle King.

Saracen have definitely upped their game. Very nice looking bikes. I have switched allegience from a Mega to this….

Just imagine it with a CCDB…..luuurvley. 😛

flyingmonkeycorps

Would a coil fit in there? Does look jolly nice though.

willard

That’s from Saracen?

Really?

Wow. I like.

Sadly, no spare grand here either. Sorry mate.

M6TTF
    Free Member

frame only looks great – makes up for the fugly ready built options!

cookeaa

Interesting reading up on the 2012 Ariel, seems saracen have opted to produce 2 versions with different travel (140mm and 160mm)…
    2011 was 140mm only wasn’t it, and got very good feedback generally, I wonder why they felt the need to make a longer travel (and Slacker) version…

chakaping
    Free Member

frame only looks great – makes up for the fugly ready built options!

Not to mention the questionable component spec on them, I just had a look.

Thought Madison would have been able to do better than Deore on a £3k bike considering they import Shimano.

kayak23

Would a coil fit in there?

I think it would, there seems enough piggyback space, but I’d check before I bought as thats a must for me.

2011 was 140mm only wasn’t it, and got very good feedback generally, I wonder why they felt the need to make a longer travel (and Slacker) version…

I suppose that is what the market is dictating currently, what with gravity enduro stuff and a lot of people with limited cash(like me) downsizing from downhill bikes.

It made it into the Dirt 100 recently so they like it at least…

LoCo
    Free Member

Coil won’t fit, or would’t on my 140mm one, they’re ok, bit flexy on the backend and the rear suspension can be a bit ‘sticky’ due to the Du bushes pivots which arn’t great.

jameso

Thought Madison would have been able to do better than Deore on a £3k bike considering they import Shimano

OE supply from Taiwan via factory and aftermarket from Shimano Europe – there’s no link. The OE qty is based on how many bike kits you buy, nothing else. OE is still cheaper than aftermarket, but not as cheap as the big brands will get.

Ariel does look ace though, agreed.

cookeaa

I suppose that is what the market is dictating currently, what with gravity enduro stuff and a lot of people with limited cash(like me) downsizing from downhill bikes.

It made it into the Dirt 100 recently so they like it at least…

Well that was my question, sort of…

From reading the all important numbers on the saracen site: Is the 66.5* HA/160mm travel version still intended as an “Enduro/Trail” type bike or is it actually a “Mini DH” bike, Where the other version is a 68* HA/140mm more of a trail/enduro bike?
    Two potentially quite different bikes as the geometry seems to vary quite a bit with travel, yet same name and not much made of the geometry differences….

Obviously it is basically the same frame but with a different Shock and/or Rate link in each instance (I assume) but it’s a little confusing… Well to me at least.

I think I’d still personally opt for the 140mm version as that’s more what I’d be looking for in and air sprung trail bouncer, I imagine the slacker LT version is probably intended to appeal to the born again Downhiller-ists, but it might miss its market simply because it’s not properly diffentiated…

paulo6624
    Free Member

Bit of a hijack but currently have an ariel 3 ( there great by the way ) it’s a 17 inch I’d like to move to the next frame size up would any one consider swapping or is anyone selling a large frame ?

chakaping
    Free Member

jameso – that explains, I will put my angry hat away.

must be frustrating.

kayak23

Similar lushness coming from Dartmoor bikes now it seems, and a coil shock is one of the options 🙂

Dartmoor Bikes Wish

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I think I've fallen in love…….with a piece of metal.’ is closed to new replies.