• This topic has 30 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • i think its going to kick off again….
  • gonzy
    Free Member

18 month old Palestinian child killed in an arson attack by Jewish extremists in retaliation to IDF clashes with Jewish settlers…
    is this going to the be green light (red rag) that Hamas needs to retaliate by firing more rockets into Israel for the IDF to start another bombardment that results in more deaths in Gaza like last year?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/31/child-dies-after-suspected-jewish-extremist-attack-on-palestinian-home

i get the feeling there will be more to this in the coming days/weeks… 😕

ads678

And this is why politics and religion are shit!

binners

scotroutes

We need to export them some of our “summer”. That might calm them all down a bit.

Pigface
    Free Member

On a similar note of how batshit crazy the ultra orthodox are

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33726634

🙁 just tragic with no end in sight.

Northwind

Israel says the appropriate response for an attack like this is to bomb a city into dust, so I’m sure they won’t mind.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And this is why politics and religion are shit!

It has very little to do with religion. Israel is one of the least religious countries in the world, only 30% of Israelis claim to be religious.

The Zionist state has been killing and abusing Palestinian children since its creation, I’m not sure that this latest incidence will necessarily changes things dramatically.

binners

The whole middle east is a god-forsaken hell-hole, just completely full of mad bastards all absolutely hell bent on killing each other.

We should just arm all sides up to the teeth with everything they need to wipe each other off the face of the earth. At least we’ll then make some money out of it. If by some incredible reason they haven’t all butchered each other in a week, nuke the entire region.

Leave it a few years for the dust to settle then pop back in and start pumping the oil out

martinhutch

We should just arm all sides up to the teeth with everything they need to wipe each other off the face of the earth. At least we’ll then make some money out of it.

I thought that was the current policy? Between us, the yanks, the french and the Russians, we’ve got most of the weaponry needs of the region sorted out.

ads678

It has very little to do with religion. Israel is one of the least religious countries in the world, only 30% of Israelis claim to be religious.

I still think Politics and religion are shit!

gonzy
    Free Member

The whole middle east is a god-forsaken hell-hole,

created that way by the oil hungry west…

this is politics hiding behind the facade of religion…that way they have something to blame when they get caught out…and i’m talking about both sides

torsoinalake
    Free Member

18 month old Palestinian child killed in an arson attack by Jewish extremists in retaliation to IDF clashes with Jewish settlers…

It’s a good thing they didn’t kill a lion, because then people would really be up in arms.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Fair point.

However in the case of Israel you might find that it’s the secular Jews who are spreading hatred and division, while strict Orthodox Jews are spreading love and understanding.

Orthodox Jews :

torsoinalake
    Free Member

ernie, is that not because they are waiting for God to turn up and hand over the keys to Israel to the true believers?

dazh

We should just arm all sides up to the teeth with everything they need to wipe each other off the face of the earth. At least we’ll then make some money out of it.

Isn’t that what we’re already doing?

gonzy
    Free Member

hence why its not economically viable for the west to intervene and stop the bloodshed once and for all…
    on top of that the USA and to a lesser extent, the UK both give Israel billions in defence aid on a yearly basis…

footflaps

Currently we only arm one side, Israel and we help prevent anyone supporting the Palestinians by classing their organisations as terrorist rather than freedom fighters.

gonzy
    Free Member

this story demonstrates how it should have been…
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/a-story-about-an-elderly-jewish-lady-and-her-muslim-neighbours-who-cared-10294684.html

remove the war mongers and dispell the extremist views from both sides and there is still a chance it could happen but given the amount of hatred ingrained into both sides it may take a very long time

ahwiles
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

we help prevent anyone supporting the Palestinians by…

…accusing anyone critical of Israel’s psychopathic behaviour of being a colossal racist.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

this story demonstrates how it should have been…

Touching tale indeed. But. What the hell is going on with the pheasant?

kcr
    Free Member

Neturei Karta however, remains a zealous opponent of the Zionist movement since it believes the exile of the Jews can only be redeemed with the arrival of the Messiah and that any attempt to establish a Jewish state is an affront to God’s will…There are only about 100 members of Neturei Karta that actually take part in the political struggle.

http://972mag.com/anti-zionist-jews-are-no-friend-of-the-palestinian-national-struggle/61002/

I assume that’s the group pictured above, so effectively “super niche”, and not really very representative of mainstream views in the Israel/Palestine situation

Nico
    Free Member

Really orthodox jews don’t believe in the state of Israel because the Tora says that the big man will decide when they will return to the promised land and he hasn’t done that yet*. It’s not because they are sympathetic to the Palestinians.

Other jews think they should be allowed to take over Palestine/return to the land they left c.1000 years ago and have sort of been doing it since the late 19th century but mostly immediately post-war. The “settlers” have been settling every bit of land they can ever since, often at odds with their government (but quite often with the tacit connivance of at least the local government).

hth

* Not the exact wording. I am not a religionist.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

And a big issue is the UK started this (with America)…after the war we promised Jewish people a haven and as a result displaced the Palestinians after they’d been there centuries…(I know I cannot sum up sixty years of conflict in a paragraph but hopefully you get my point)…

gonzy
    Free Member

and both governements have been supporting and protecting the Israeli Zionist movement ever since

gonzy
    Free Member
    ninfan
    Free Member

s this going to the be green light (red rag) that Hamas needs to retaliate by firing more rockets into Israel

I was under the impression that Hamas (or its sympathisers) had fired rockets at Israel about nine times over the past few weeks?

gonzy
    Free Member

I was under the impression that Hamas (or its sympathisers) had fired rockets at Israel about nine times over the past few weeks?

so does that mean that this child was killed in retaliation to the rockets? either way its tit for tat and it needs to stop.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s not because they are sympathetic to the Palestinians.

Strict Orthodox Jews are indeed sympathetic towards the Palestinians. Why do you think those pictured above are holding Palestine Solidarity Campaign banners?

Here Orthodox Jews are holding a pro-Palestinian demonstration in Jerusalem.

gonzy
    Free Member
    jamj1974

Zionism in its modern form only has a tenuous link to the Jewish religion. As people have said already, God is meant to intervene to return Jews to a promised land. Zionism in truth is a political and economic policy which uses two major arguments to support it’s validity.
    1). Extermination of Jewish people can only be prevented through having a Jewish homeland and the holocaust of the 20th century and pogroms of the 19th century will not be allowed to happen again
    2). Israel is the one true home of Judaism and Jews because the Torah says so. Which it does about the past and kind of doesn’t in the way it is interpreted to support the current state…

It’s interesting that much of the land taken from Palestinians is fertile, productive land and the land so far left to them is generally poorer….

Zionism as a popular, mainstream view is not that old. The state of Israel was founded on and secured by the threat and practice of terror. Funny how that can be justified by Zionists, but similar behaviour by others 40, 50, 60 years later is terrorism.

gonzy
    Free Member

so they’ve caught and named one of the suspects…
    they said his actions were an act of terrorism so lets see if they treat him as a terrorist in the same way they would if he was palestinian

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33758945

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘i think its going to kick off again….’ is closed to new replies.