Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • I think I'm about to go for a job interview….I think….
  • DrP

So as a doc I’m forever getting emails and leaflets for ‘come work for my company’ etc etc…

Most go in the bin, but one was local and a bit interesting. So I simply emailed the admin person asking for a bit more information about the role etc – you never know – it might be £400k for 3 days a week, in which case I’m interested…

I’m now sat waiting to meet the MD and clinical director in a few hours, having emailed off my CV and been chased up for a time ad date for the ‘meeting’…

All I wanted was a job descriptoin and pay info. I’m not actively looking for more work…
    I told them this.

So..if the question of “why do you want to work for medics in the buff*” comes up, what do I say…???!! (I’ll be straight and honest – to be fair it’s them that are taking up MY time)

DrP

*not real company. Yet….hmmm….

jekkyl

Be honest? ‘I’m not sure I do yet, what’s the pay?’
    I think as a GP you’ve much pretty much got the job with your qualifications and length of experience before you get there.

Rubber_Buccaneer

if the question of “why do you want to work for medics in the buff*” comes up, what do I say

Say nothing, just show them the goods

theotherjonv

does the job involve inspecting weird looking fannies and winkies on post-watershed Channel 4?

GrahamS

This is where you become a paid shill for Big Pharma.

When you come back saying vaccinations are great, cigarettes are bad for you, and homeopathy doesn’t work then we’ll know they’ve got to you.

rene59
    Free Member

I’m now sat waiting to meet the MD and clinical director in a few hours

You arrived far too early. No job for you.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m now sat waiting to meet the MD

Is it Doogie Howser…..or Trapper John?

Can’t be Quincy. He was the ME.

perchypanther
    Free Member

medics in the buff*”

Sacks, Cracks and Quacks.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Just be honest. As above just tell them what you put above.

” I’m forever getting emails and leaflets for ‘come work for my company’ etc etc…
    Most go in the bin, but one was local and a bit interesting. So I simply emailed the admin person asking for a bit more information about the role etc and have ended up in this interview”

thecaptain
    Free Member

“Cos working for medics while clothed is getting boring”?

sweaman2
    Free Member

As you’ve currently described it I get the impression they must be struggling to fill the job. Probably because they mail shot all doctors locally and “I’m forever getting emails and leaflets for ‘come work for my company’ etc etc…Most go in the bin”

So the fact that you’ve expressed even remote interest puts you on the short list.

If the question comes up then as above I’d just say you aren’t sure and so would like a bit more info….

Gary_M
    Free Member

I would say you’re interviewing them, you’re not looking for a job but they want your services.

Why are you there 2 hours early? No wonder the nhs is in the state it’s in if GP’s can swan off and hide for a few hours 🙂

ElShalimo

Ask them why they are so keen to meet you. They contacted you, you must offer something they don’t currently have, or something they need e.g. comedy red braces and huge feet

Sundayjumper

All I wanted was a job descriptoin and pay info.

So you’ve gone along for an interview without even knowing what the job is ? I predict this meeting to be quite disappointing for one or both parties.

white101

Most healthcare related sales operations love to have clinically experienced and qualified staff on the books, it adds to the credibility of the organisation or product range.
    If its a sales role you will likely be asked to front up at exhibitions or give talks on why your product rates higher than others etc etc. If you’ve ever had a rep get passed your practice manager you should know the score.

wwaswas

medics in the buff*

*DrP prepares an injection*

DrP: “Just a small prick”

Patient: “So I see. Never mind.”

allan23
    Free Member

You’re not a vet? We wanted a Bear Doctor not a Bare Doctor…

igmc 🙂

ElShalimo

Livestream the interview/discussion/frottage for all to see, then we can advise on the correct decision to make.

pictonroad

Don’t be late for the ride, I’m not waiting for you, you’ve got enough jobs.

wwaswas

INTERVIEWER: what can you tell me about the last three years of your life

DrP: just that i hope they haven’t started yet

DrP

I wasn’t at the interview 2 hours early!! I was faffing in town wasting time and drinking coffee!!

It was quite an interesting role.. White101 has pretty much described it. A bit of consulting too..
    Not £400k though :-/

I chickened out about suggesting we all work naked though….

Hmm, interesting, but probably a ‘no’ from DrP..I like my spare time to much..

DrP

scuttler

A real doc!!

I thought you were like Dr Dre or Professor Green.

Is disappoint.

DrP

When doctor fox got his PhD, he became doctor doctor fox.

I aspire to that..

DrP

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Are you auditioning for the UK version of Scrubs??

GrahamS

I aspire to that..

(Dr)²P ?

rickmeister

Did you get to hear the disturbing thwack of the rubber glove being put on by someone else ?

kcal

dr2 sounds good.
    I have a cousin who did a degree, then doctorate in chemistry, then decided (because his dad, and grandad had been doctors) to become a doc, as well. which he did. so doctor doctor (gimme the news) is how I always think of Iain. Lovely guy.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

I’m now sat waiting to meet the MD

How can you be presently doing something in the past?

Good luck though…

brassneck

Hmm, interesting, but probably a ‘no’ from DrP..I like my spare time to much..

Speaking from the industry I struggle to see how it’d give you less free time than being a GP!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

IIRC Dr P only works part time,,,,,,

DrP

DrP works smart hours, not necessarily long hours…

DrP

molgrips
    Free Member

Those questions are daft, and I’d tell them why.

Then the truth. I work because I need a living, but what I am looking for is a job that does X, Y and Z (stimulating, challenging, rewarding etc). I’m here because I want to see if your company offers me this.

Then if you actually do what the job, tell them.

I’ve got an interview on Friday arranged on similar speculative terms. I’m probably not going to go for it. Hopefully another this week, for which I probably will. I wasn’t looking.

CountZero

I was dreading having to go to interviews after years working, and any interviews in the past being pretty casual affairs because I knew people in the companies concerned, but my most recent one consisted of a twenty minute conference call being asked a set series of questions, ending with me being told that my team leader would be picking me up at stupid o’clock for my first job the following morning.
    That was getting on for a year ago.

Alphabet

it might be £400k for 3 days a week

Are you looking to downsize your salary?

DrP

Hey, I make no qualms – “DrP’s Sacks, Cracks and Quacks lady-pleasure emporium” IS a great earner……

DrP

footflaps

it might be £400k for 3 days a week

Couple of distant cousins work for big Pharma in sales. They seem to have a *lot* of spare time judging by FB…..

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I worked for a big farmer during summers at university.

I loved driving the tractor.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘I think I'm about to go for a job interview….I think….’ is closed to new replies.