Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • I think I'll organise a STW southern 'gravel bike /CX ride'.. Any takers?
  • tobymc

02.08 – I’ll consult the relevant authorities this evening! Really want to do this now…

tobymc

…and the committee have granted permission! Im in.

DrP

Schveet!

DrP

flybywire
    Free Member

Schuks, after consultation unable to make the 2nd August – other stuff planned.

nedrapier

Oooh. I’ve got a plan.

I’m in London, so travelling to Brighton and back for a Brighton-London-Brighton ride would be a bit perverted. But I’ve just thought I could ride the off road bit after work on Friday, and ride back to London on Saturday, leaving plenty of the rest of the day free for the one or several boring things that might come up.

DrP, just trying ot work out timings from your links, but failed. How long did the 2 legs take you last time?

DrP

Road leg took about 3.5 hours – stopping for snacks/photos etc
    Off road bit took about 6.5 ish
    I stopped in clapham to enjoy the sun and have some late breakfast (about 45 min).
    Then i think it’s about 8 miles link between the two routes, through london..

(come down, do the whole day!!)

DrP

nedrapier

It would be too easy to stop once we got to London!

I’ve got the Ride 100 the following weekend, so there would lot of good reasons to stop – tapering and what-not, real or imagined niggles, being near my house etc.

We’re also house hunting pretty hard at the moment and Saturdays are important to keep free (or at least free-ish). I might have to get off at Redhill-ish if we’ve got viewings booked up.

kiwijohn

Hmm, I may be a bit far south. I’ll go on my own.

DrP

We’ve got a few committed to this..just thought I’d bring it back to the front page for a bit more monday morning attention!

DrP

singletrackmind

Can I do the Brighton – London bit with you on my road bike?
    Then either cruise home at a more sensible pace with cafe stops , or train it back into hants then ride from there.

swanny853

Alas, I’m at a wedding or I’d be there. I’ve got a cross bike suitable ride I’ve been meaning to redo that heads into Kent from near Crawley (outwood), about 70 miles if I remember correctly- anyone interested in that at a later date?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘I think I'll organise a STW southern 'gravel bike /CX ride'.. Any takers?’ is closed to new replies.