Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • I think I want to sell my bike and quit! : (.
  • Diane
    Free Member

Leave the bike alone for a bit. There’s no point if you don’t enjoy it. Don’t sell it though! The love may return 🙂

Frodo

I know how you feel …not with mountian biking but with rock climbing.

I use to go rock climbing 2 to 3 times a week but I’ve just fell out of love. I lost the strength and fitness required and just lost ability. Climbing lower grades and working my way back to where I was just seemed like too much hard work.

With mountain biking I feel fit, fast and good. That helps a lot, (It helps that I can ride stright out of my door tbh, although I could also walk to a crag!)

I’ve thought about selling up and moving on but I still have ambitions to climb big stuff in the alps and beyond.

So I’ve moved into ski mountaineering and this winter (i.e. now) I’m going indoors to train and start rebuilding my strength. I’ve not done it yet though ….night riding is whey too much fun!

All I can suggest is try riding in the evenings locally or short afternoon blasts. Make it social and the love will soon come back.

chakaping
    Free Member

So where do you live OP?

We’re all on the edge of our seats here!

flow
    Free Member

Thanks for all your input guys… And for the record I’m not a wringer GW. Away and post your unhelpful, rude and disruptive posts elsewhere. It is people like you who drive myself and others away from this otherwise excellent forum and sport.

I think I will definitely hang onto the bike now, reading some of your posts made me realise it is a relatively common thing to fall in and out of love with biking. I appreciate how luck I am astral being in a position to ride.. Unlike some who for whatever reason can not. Thanks to Ton in particular, your post seemed to swing the balance and got me thinking how lucky we are to be able to ride.

Anyway disaster averted, I’m not selling, I’ll just take a sabbatical and maybe purchase some slicks and just potter about for a bit.

Thanks again folks,

Have a great weekend and happy pedalling.

Good decision 😉

Pieface

If all your riding is a 2 hour drive away I’m amazed you’d stuck at it so long.

Hang on to the bike as it won’t cost you anything to keep it and you never know when you might go out. Sometimes a break away from it will make you realise what you’ve been missing.

br
    Free Member

If all your riding is a 2 hour drive away I’m amazed you’d stuck at it so long

But we are all curious to where you live, with need to drive for 2 hours to ride?

Duggan

There seems little point in selling it if you don’t need the money.

I’m sure it’ll make a good door stop or towel rack in your shed whilst it’s not being used and even if you wait a few years it might only take one sunny morning to inspire you drag it out again.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Maybe he lives 2 hours from everywhere?

flow
    Free Member

You can’t live anywhere worse for MTB than me.

I am willing to bet £100

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

A bit late into the debate here but I have a couple of thoughts to share:

1. How well do you know yourself, your motivation, etc?
    Personally, I know that I’m quite obsessive about getting better at the things I do. In the past this has got me to a stage where I’ve given things up in frustration because either I can’t put ever-increasing amounts of time and money into whatever that be or just because I’m not progressing through lack of ability.

Time has mellowed me a bit though and I’ve occasionally dipped my toe back into some of the things I’d previously abandoned. I don’t take them as seriously as I did but I can still enjoy them, though not obsessively.

Maybe you’re at that stage with your bike.
    Just another spin on the Eagles theme I guess.

2. If you’ve still got a desire to ride but can’t find the motivation, how about throwing yourself into it completely for a short while? A weekend or a week away with mates doing nothing but riding and having a laugh.

cinnamon_girl

Some food for thought:

Last year I sold my Soul frame which was 9 months old and got very little for it. Second-hand prices are very low currently.

Still curious as to which part of the country you reside!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Still curious as to which part of the country you reside!

2 hours from everywhere! 😆

RobHilton
    Free Member

flow – Member

You can’t live anywhere worse for MTB than me.

I am willing to bet £100

Are you a lighthouse keeper?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I tried road biking but didn’t like it…

Your path to recovery has already begun. 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘I think I want to sell my bike and quit! : (.’ is closed to new replies.