Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I think I may need bike insurance – any suggestions?
  • Grupper205
    Free Member

Never bothered having specific bike insurance before as I thought my bikes were always nice and safely locked away in the garage. However my next door neighbour had some scumbags visit them on Friday in the middle of the day, and they gained entry by smashing their way through the windows! I’m starting to feel a little nervous about my expensive bike in the garage now.
    Any suggestions of good (competitive!) insurance companies to insure a bike worth over £2500?
    Cheers!

Wally

M+S for your house with away cover.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i’ve got mine insured with Evans Cycle Insurance, £3300 Trek Rumblefish, £1600 NINER Air 9 and a £900 Cube road bike and it costs about £50 a month. Insured on the bike rack, locked to a fence, in my garage etc etc. I had a claim last year for a theft from bike rack on tow bar and they paid up within two weeks…

coogan
    Free Member

Got mine covered under my M&S contents insurance. Anything below £4,000 you don’t have to tell them about if I remember correctly.

Garry_Lager

i’ve got mine insured with Evans Cycle Insurance, £3300 Trek Rumblefish, £1600 NINER Air 9 and a £900 Cube road bike and it costs about £50 a month. Insured on the bike rack, locked to a fence, in my garage etc etc. I had a claim last year for a theft from bike rack on tow bar and they paid up within two weeks…

Do you live in Moss Side Mick? Seems like a heavy premium when M+S are giving 4k cover no questions asked.

granny_ring

Just changed my contents insurance to M&S, £140 for the year I think it was. Must admit I haven’t read the policy regarding keeping bikes in shed/garage yet.

Grupper205
    Free Member

Cheers for the M&S tip. Looks like I’ll be swapping over my home insurance to them! I thought I may have needed specific bike insurance in addition to ‘normal’ house insurance so you guys have saved me a bit of cash there – Ta!

bland

Thats well expensive, i have £10K insured as 4 named bikes and its £88/year

Did you seriously for even a split second think you were getting a deal through evans.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yea we use (more than) insurance 🙂 they cover every item in ur house inc my new orange alpine which is worth 3k and they will even cover it away from home 🙂 try them ! M+S another good one as said above!

Janesy
    Free Member

M&S will sting you good and proper if you do claim. They did me…

They will only insure me up to 1k each bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I think I may need bike insurance – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.