Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I tested Apple & won!
  • Kryton57

“I use my ipad mini wifi for email, googling, STW and MS notes” I said. “Convince me to buy a Pro”.

They couldn’t find adequate justification. yay!

Quite liked the Asus Transformer offer at £199 in Workload though.

Small victories etc.

Drac

CountZero

While the thought of a Pro is very appealing, I can’t justify that sort of expense. My iPad 3 really is getting a bit slow and cranky, it just doesn’t have the RAM to cope with many web pages these days, so I’ll be looking at an Air, but I want to be able to use the Pencil as well; there’s a new photo-editing app coming with very powerful capabilities for masking, etc, so being able to use the Pencil for painting masks and other fine work would be very useful.
    3Gb of RAM and 128Gb of storage would suffice.
    Unless the Lottery coughs up tonight, in which case all options are open! 😀

LadyGresley
    Free Member

What did you win? A new ipad? Or just a warm fluffy feeling of superiority?

brassneck

Where’s that Colin Firth GIF when you need it

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The real answer is you don’t need a Pro for emailing, googling, STW or Notes. Its really a device with the power of a fully fledged PC in tablet form. Some people in our organisation are testing Pro’s as a PC replacement. All our files and docs are on our LANs so RAM isn’t an issue. No reason why they wont work perfectly well.

Daffy

Sticking it to the Man, huh? Go you! 🙂

bails

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I had a pot noodle for lunch.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I use my Pro all the time at work, now, for sketching, note taking and annotations, all using the Pencil. I can then send sketches round immediately without having to digitise them, and I can keep them for ever instead of having to leaf back through months’ worth of notebook looking for the one sketch I need …

And my point is? Don’t know, don’t care 🙂

zilog6128

And my point is? Don’t know, don’t care

It’s an outstanding device for anyone with even an ounce of creativity/imagination, that’s for sure. For anyone else, I’m sure a bargain bin tablet is fine 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

Is an iPad Pro better for slither.io than a standard iPad Air? tempted…

Smudger666

pro is nice – i’m certain i don’t use more than 10% of its capability but it is very good at what i use it for.

and slitherio is just crack.

fasthaggis

Kryton This thread was twinned with Dull,until
    Dull wrote a very angry letter and had the nomination revoked. 😛

stumpy01

Mate of mine bought an Apple laptop for £1850. As far as I can tell he uses it to browse the web, and erm….not a lot else.

Bargain. He reckons I should get one too.

LittleNose
    Free Member

I was ignorant and had never heard of slither.io until 5 minutes ago 😐

brassneck

Thanks bails, Alan is an acceptable substitute

Drac

I’m testing Gboard what do I win?

jamesmio
    Free Member

Kryton57

You’re all welcome. It was an attempt to calm the forum after the football and euro threads had got a bit exciting, and on that note, I think I’ve achieved my goal a little.

Sent from my iPad mini 2 wifi only with Logitech keyboard case.

bencooper
    Free Member

I don’t get the Pro either – it’s powerful but runs iOS so you’re locked into apps, right? It seems a lot like that crazy beautiful Chromebook which looks stunning but runs everything in Chrome.

I use a Surface, it can run all my CAD software, Lightroom, I can test run PHP scripts in a virtual machine on it, etc. I hankered after a new iPad recently so had a serious look at the Pro, but really couldn’t see the point so bought an Air. the Air is great for what I bought it for – playing games and the like.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I’d quite like an 8gb transformer chi as it looks like nigh on laptop power with half the bulk

nealglover
    Free Member

I tested Bugatti and won.

I walked into the showroom “I use this van for delivering stuff to people, and going to the shops and stuff” I said
    “Convince me to buy a Veyron”

They couldn’t find adequate justification. yay!

Little victories eh.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Little Victory’s

monkeychild
    Free Member

I find my iPad 3 fine for reading pdf etc as that’s all I use it for.

CountZero

fasthaggis – Member
    Kryton This thread was twinned with Dull,until
    Dull wrote a very angry letter and had the nomination revoked.

😆

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I tested Apple & won!’ is closed to new replies.