Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • I stood and shouted at the water but it didn't seem to do much.
  • peterfile
    Free Member

When I was young I did a ski season and worked in a hotel.

I don’t remember many guests, but there was one chap I will never forget. Mid forties, had his own PC repair business in Kent. He had a really loud and nasally monotone voice.

Upon arriving at the hotel he carried out an inspection of the entire building before even putting his bags in the room, recording the location of all the fire exits and even demanding to inspect our breaker panels etc. He interrogated all the staff and demanded to meet every person who would be on duty through the night. He then tapped all the walls in his room and took more notes. After it all (his wife and kids looking extremely bored and a bit sheepish by this point), he turns to his wife and does a slow nod and says “OK”. Then his wife and kids let out a huge sigh of relief.

I’d always thought that he must have had some kind of rare mental disorder, but sometimes the comments I read on STW make me feel like maybe it’s not that rare.

BoardinBob

Plenty of Sergeant Buzzkills as per usual…

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘I stood and shouted at the water but it didn't seem to do much.’ is closed to new replies.