Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • I still don't really get it, I mean Facebook, Twitter etc
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

I mean i get it for keeping up with old friends, another form of communication and all that, more exposure for new bands, little online games, checking out old girlfriends and the bullet you might have dodged…….but really, do we need every **** bowl movement posted.

One "friend" on Facebook will go out to the pub and post constantly what he's doing, how he's feeling, where he's going next, where he's been……it wouldn't be so bad but one night his gf started updating hers to tell us all she puked.

Makes me wish for world war 3

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Didn't we have this thread last week?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm considering going for a crap in a bit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

I've just eaten a biscuit!!!

jahwomble
    Free Member

Oh the irony:)

molgrips
    Free Member

but really, do we need every **** bowl movement posted

No.

But what you're complaining about isn't facebook, it's people being daft.

You might as well say 'I don't get telephones' because your sister spends hours gossiping about rubbish one.

Or to put it another way, don't blame the medium for the content 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Isn't making a thread on an internet forum about how you don't get it pretty much as bad?

finbar
    Free Member

lol nice thred grampz

Junkyard
    Free Member

Just rubbed my eye and the room is a too warm at work.
    Also dont get dont do either

jon1973
    Free Member

Makes me wish for world war 3

Would be simpler not to use Facebook, Twitter etc.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Often new technologies are created with little understanding of how they will be utlised in reality. Text messaging is one such case in point, and when it first was launched neither BT Cellnet or Vodafone in the UK for example foresaw just how popular it would become with younger mobile phone users.

So yeah, you may not get it and that is fine – no need to use it. But it is a very flexible technology which enables a lot of creative uses depending on the creativity and the intelligence of the user.

Oh – on facebook I have maybe 100 friends but there are settings where you only read about those friends you really want to : )

DrJ

Singletrackworld chat forum – I just don't get it. Is it really necessary to tell everyone what you don't get?

jam-bo

It's very easy to filter out the noise on facebook.

nickc

I've just come back from a crap

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I just put my cereal bowl in the dishwasher.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I use mine to post helpful warnings about domestic hazards:

skidartist
    Free Member

Yikes, he's cut the bottoms of his trouser legs off, that was a narrow escape!

yoshimi

Simon, is he about to help you fit one of those new superstar component bottom brackts?

Junkyard
    Free Member

LOL at Yoshimi
    and
    😯 That really is your house and not a fake internet picture for amusement

miketually
    Free Member

If the information you see on Facebook is dull, it's because you have dull friends. This is probably a reflection on you.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

That really is your house and not a fake internet picture for amusement

see pic of me and my bro on the wall too 🙂

it's because you have dull friends.

I'll be your friend 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

see pic of me and my bro on the wall too

I thought that was a particularly nice touch.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I like 'baiting' my friends who put up dull everyday things and generally being sarcastic, sadly they appear to be baiting me with their dullness now….
    Personally i dont put much up on there, although i thought fracturing my arm was meritritious….

CountZero

One of my Facebook friends recently posted about having been for a poo! She is a real friend, I've known her since she was about four, and she's now in her early thirties and expecting her first. God knows how the kid's going to grow up… 😯

yunki
    Free Member

One of my Facebook friends recently posted about having been for a poo

nothing wrong with publishing an account of your movements..
    through doing exactly this I discovered that two old school friends… a bloke from work.. one of the barmaids in the local pub and my other half's auntie all poo at the same time as me every day..
    We started a facebook group and now all spare a thought for one another as we poo (attempting to dispel constipation.. heamorroid pain and other poo related problems with our best wishes etc etc) and then publish anecdotes about the mornings poo on the fanpage.

We all meet up once a month for a curry and the bloke from work and the barmaid are now engaged to be married as a direct result.

rOcKeTdOg

yunki, really? you're not sh*****g me?

Resin42
    Free Member

Props to yunki. The funniest post I've seen on here in months. I really hope it's true. 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think they should hive off PooBook 🙁

yunki
    Free Member

I wish it were true.. but it's not…. HOWEVER

I was gonna type another silly story.. but I don't have time..

I'm going for a lovely evening ride and I'd quite like a poo first!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Go wild and chop some logs al fresco.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘I still don't really get it, I mean Facebook, Twitter etc’ is closed to new replies.