Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I started commuting on the road bike this week and noticed something worrying…
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Erm, well .. My prickly gentleman’s vegetables foliage seem to be making their appearance known through my Lycra.

The check out lady in Aldi stared at my waist for what felt like an eternity before I managed to grab my helmet and stuff it in the way (that sounded entirely wrong).

Anyway, what to do? Is there an unwritten rule that all roadies shave their man (or woman) appendages/gardens?

I don’t much fancy waxing

Thanks

Confused of slightly north of Chesterfield

boxelder

Get better shorts, or platt them

cloudnine
    Free Member

Short back and sides.. electric razor?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hmmm, the shorts are Decathlons finest.

Are you suggesting there’s better out there?! *gasp*

garage-dweller

😆 😆

Honestly I have no pearls of wisdom but you must have ‘leg’ hair made of iron wool or the worlds thinnest Lycra.

MrSmith
    Free Member

You weren’t commuting you were shopping.

Philby

You should shop in Waitrose – the checkout staff are much more discrete – or use a self-scanning checkout at any of the major supermarket chains 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Shave everything off, every gram counts.

charliemort

internity??

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

^ damn autocorrect . Eternity , even. Either way , a very long time!

Seriously though, is it the silent curse of roadie-ism? Can you tell I’ve not ridden my road bike much?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Oh and I stopped off to pick up wine, beer and mushrooms on my home for the pedants 🙂

That is , I was clarifying for the pedants. The wine, beer and mushrooms weren’t for the pedants .

Superficial
    Free Member

I have one set of Lycra bibs that does this. Not so much at the crotch, fortunately, but the hairs poke through at the thigh. I think they’re the most stretched bibs due to slightly weird sizing so I guess maybe you need to buy new bibs/size up.

atlaz
    Free Member

My knee and arm warmers let hair through and they’re decent castelli ones. As long as the shorts don’t do it I’m happy tho

johnj2000
    Free Member

Slight thread hijack here, apologies. So if shaving the man/woman parts was the answer, and it certainly would be a solution, does it not really itch? I remember doing this a long long time ago in my 20’s and all I can remember was a horrendous itching following the trim, almost to the point where it could be called prickling not just itching. Advice?

globalti
    Free Member

Dye the hair the same colour as the shorts?

Or just get a bead trimmer and give yourself a no.3 all over.

oldnick

I can’t wait for todays ride RRR…
    Shall I bring my clippers? I’m sure there’s a powerpoint in the cafe.

Superficial
    Free Member

Does your downstairs hair really grow so fast as to require a mid-ride shave? If so I think you have bigger problems.

LMT
    Free Member

One of the reasons I still wear baggies over the padded shorts.

chip
    Free Member

What are we talking about here, are your clock springs penetrating the fabric or protruding over the top of your waist band. if the latter may I suggest ditching the hotpants and investing in a more suitable attire.

but if the former, after donning your shorts maybe a quick run over with a fuzz away, you know, those shaver type jobbies designed for getting bobbles of your cardies. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you get an erection no one will notice the hairs

pondo

Tell them it’s a lycra/wool blend.

chip
    Free Member

If you get an erection no one will notice the hairs

don’t do this^^^^^^ as you may find your self being searched as a potential shoplifter.

johnj2000
    Free Member

don’t do this as you might find yourself being searched as a potential shoplifter

I can think of worse ways to spend time in a shop

chip
    Free Member

Ah! but can you imagine the conversation back at the nick,

“So what’s it going to be Dave, are we charging him with shoplifting or being a pervert”

“Not quite sure yet Guv, although he does claim the banana’s his own”
    😀

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Was it ASDA?

You could have flopped it on the counter and said “ROLL THAT BACK”.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Get better or less ventilated shorts.

Hair only goes through gaps in fabric that is breathable or poor quality.

I had horrible back hair stick out my nike running top…

Laser shoulders and back but might too painful on your jewels.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I started commuting on the road bike this week and noticed something worrying…’ is closed to new replies.