• This topic has 68 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • I spotted the ultimate 4x4s today…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

whilst out at Trent Park today I spotted the ultimate 4X4s and by chance they were parked together !

If you know Trent Park then you’ll know these cars fit in so well…

Oh how my two boys laughed and pointed the 5 year old said its not a Land rover so whats it doing off road !

Trent Park

jimjam
    Free Member

I don’t know the area so don’t really get the joke, but those “minis” are so ugly it’s offensive.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Cars parked in car park, Laugh? I nearly did.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Cars parked in car park, Laugh? I nearly did.

suppose you had to be there really !

benp1

Rode through there tonight, but was dark and park was empty

Definitely had to be there mate…!

nealglover
    Free Member

If you still had to pay to buy film, and get pictures developed, would you have still bothered ?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

If you still had to pay to buy film, and get pictures developed, would you have still bothered ?

Get back in your time machine Mr 1992 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

Get back in your time machine Mr 1992

Eh?

timc
    Free Member

unfunnygeezer

😆

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

If I had to buy film get developed etc no of course not ! That’s the whole point of an iPhone isn’t it ?
    Anyway I thought it was funny and that’s all that matters…

I’ll get my coat 😆

aracer
    Free Member

I suggest only bothering to share it with other people who find it funny.

nealglover
    Free Member

It might be completely hilarious?

But it might need a bit of explanation, I’m just seeing parked cars.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Sorry forum police officer shan’t happen again…

jambourgie
    Free Member

Anyway I thought it was funny and that’s all that matters…

But why?

Throw us a freakin’ bone here!

legend
    Free Member

I assume it’s got something to do with dogging….

Are either of them 4×4’s?

Struggling with this one

JulianA
    Free Member

Hey, UFG, the other posters can go and do one. I get it – and also think that here are two of them so that they have a ready supply of spares so that at least one of them can get home…!

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m really trying to figure it out, but I honestly can’t see the joke 😕

jambourgie
    Free Member

JulianA – Member
    Hey, UFG, the other posters can go and do one. I get it – and also think that here are two of them so that they have a ready supply of spares so that at least one of them can get home…!

nealglover
    Free Member

JulianA. Please explain it !

JulianA
    Free Member

If you drive something like that you will need to have another complete car so that you can replace anything that breaks and then get home…

teadrinker
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆
    I like that, tickled me.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If you drive something like that you will need to have another complete car so that you can replace anything that breaks and then get home…

Are cars ‘like that’ known for their unreliability? Slept on it, still don’t get it and clearly your kids sense of humour is as odd as yours.

pictonroad

This has potential. I’m in.

ads678

JulianA – But the cars are not even the same. And one is definitely Not a 4×4.

JulianA
    Free Member

@Gary M Not VAG, you see. Therefore an unapproved make around JulianA Towers and as such likely to require spares.

You sneer at a BMW, because it’s not a VAG?

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Yeah, that aint funny.

milky1980
    Free Member

Funny or not, the new Mini’s are just awful to look at.

The original new Mini was fine, it was smallish and was a very good reincarnation of what the original Mini became. Reasonably practical, good quirky touches (centre dials etc), a hoot to drive and easily personalised. As soon as BMW started to play around with it they lost the plot.

The 3-door Mini has gradually got larger and fatter – put a 52-plate beside the new one and there’s a HUGE difference.
    The 5-door is just wrong.
    All the Clubman, Paceman and jacked-up models are just cashing in on the name IMHO.

FIAT got it right with the 500 and haven’t messed with it, the seasonal colours etc just appeal to the types who buy the things. The 500+ etc are just horrible though!

Really wish I hadn’t sold my ’84 Mini now…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anyone found the punchline yet?

timc
    Free Member

milky1980 – Member

As soon as BMW started to play around with it they lost the plot.

FIAT got it right with the 500 and haven’t messed with it, the seasonal colours etc just appeal to the types who buy the things. The 500+ etc are just horrible though!

Pretty sure the sales figures suggest BMW got it right, how they look is obviously a subjective matter.

Bit of a contradictory comment about Fiat thought.

benz
    Free Member

My wife has a Clubman. Diesel. Black. Privacy glass at rear. It’s a hoot to drive and we think it looks good. We have avoided applying Private Ambulance decals.

Drac

Is that you Golam?

JulianA
    Free Member

I wasn’t entirely serious…

I like BMWs very much. Not so sure about the Mini – the increasingly inaccurately named Mini!

zippykona

Is this what Laika died for?

timc
    Free Member

Get with the times man, its 2015, Mini is now a brand, not a little old car. 😯

chakaping
    Free Member

I know Trent Park pretty well, if it’s the one in North London. Still don’t get it though.

Maybe we could help out here…

Two expensive 4wd hatchbacks in a car park in the woods.

One says to the other: “Is that your dipstick or are you just pleased to see me.”

milky1980
    Free Member

timc – the 500 has stayed the same since the relaunch, same body just interior tweaks. The Mini has got 30% larger on the outside over 3 different platforms over the same time!

As for Mini not being a small car anymore? It’s still sold as a small, fun car. The popularity of cars such as the C1/Aygo/107, Twingo’s, Panda’s and Adam’s prove that there is a market for fun, small and stylish wheels. The Mini started off halfway between a Ka and a Fiesta, it’s now as big as a Golf! The bigger versions are massive, a symptom of the bigger=better mentality. One of my friends has the original new Mini and wanted to upgrade to the latest one but couldn’t as it won’t fit between her driveway posts, her current one passes through with a foot to spare.

nealglover
    Free Member

One of my friends has the original new Mini and wanted to upgrade to the latest one but couldn’t as it won’t fit between her driveway posts, her current one passes through with a foot to spare.

She must have moved her gate posts.

The 2014 mini is only 39mm wider than the 2000 model.

Waderider
    Free Member

I must say I don’t understand who would buy on of these ugly monstrosities, plus if I owned one I’d feel like I’d given up on life just by buying in on the cynical marketing. Also the mini had inspirational engineering and packaging, and us mountain bikers surely appreciate good engineering?

Every time I see a BINI I feel a wee taste of sick in my mouth.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘I spotted the ultimate 4x4s today…’ is closed to new replies.