• This topic has 54 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by timba.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • I sold a bike in a service station
  • jimmy

Had a bike for sale on Pink Bike (on here, too) and had agreed a price (£800) in advance. All went smoothly, he handed me a pile of Notes and said “count it if you want, I sold a car last week and the b*st*rd short-changed me”. So I skimmed through it, looked OK – deal done.

When I got home I counted it and he’d given me £900. Does the trust work both ways? Should I have counted fully while he was there? I know I’m too trusting to the point of foolish, but likewise he foolishly counted wrong in the first place. So is the £100 mine? I know my choice in the matter.

As an aside, when I walked to the bank to pay in the money I walked past a homeless guy sat on the street. With that much money in my pocket I felt bad when I thought “sorry mate, no change”… So I dropped a tenner in.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’d phone him up and return it. But that’s because I know the guilt eating at me would be much worse than gaining £100.

wrecker
    Free Member

He’s already been short changed on a car, now overpaid on a bike?
    Give him it back. Karma innit?

medoramas
    Free Member

You can give back £90 – you’ve had some expenses! LOL

Seriously though – I’d give it back.

fasthaggis

I would give it back,I believe in all that karma bollix 😉

peabrain
    Free Member

Giving it back is the right thing to do.

martinhutch

But, if he gives it back, he’ll have had to pay the homeless bloke a tenner of his own money. Perhaps he should send him £90 and a picture of a smiling hobo.

ads678

yep give it back, it’s the right thing to do and you’ll feel better for it.

Drac

Why do you even need to ask?

Give it back.

flyingmonkeycorps

martinhutch – Member
    But, if he gives it back, he’ll have had to pay the homeless bloke a tenner of his own money. Perhaps he should send him £90 and a picture of a smiling hobo.

Totally this. If you did this to me I’d be made up.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Well as long as I didn’t have a 100 quid in my sky rocket first, before puttin the fella’s 800 in and then counting back 9 later…

I’d give it back

TheBrick
    Free Member

Give it back.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Karma may well bite you but that’s a little bit of coke and a dodgy hooker right there

Mister-P
    Free Member

Coke and hookers aren’t cheap these days, keep it.

EDIT – beaten by a whole second!

ready

Did he look ‘ard?? Maybe he’s reading this now….

(Personally, I’d give it back btw)

honeybadgerx

Have you counted again to be sure? You’ll feel a right numpty if you give it back then realise it was you who counted wrong…

NormalMan

I’d give it back.

cokie

Give it back.

You really had to ask 🙄 ?

scandal42
    Free Member

Invest it for him, then contact him in 5 years with the huge profit.

Bez

Obviously the right thing to do is give it back, but look on the bright side: at least there’s no way he can possibly find out that you’ve quietly trousered that missing £100 he’s been wondering about now that you’ve posted it on the oh wait hang on a minute.

chakaping
    Free Member

Stick it in the bank, just to make sure it’s legit.

Then PP Gift him the £100 back.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Decent troll BTW.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Fasthaggis +1

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

lemonysam
    Free Member

I once sold something on a different forum and was asking for £50 but when the bloke paid he sent £80 so I offered to transfer some back. Turns out I’d made a typo in the advert and he’d been happy with the price – when I offered it to him for the price I’d intended to put in he refused and said split the difference and put the extra in a charity tin.

scaredypants

I sold a bike ata a service station once too

No extra cash was involved but I got there well over an hour late, despite it being about 5 miles from home (there was a car fire on the motorway)

I’m surprised that, a) the guy was still there and b) He didn’t charge me £100 for his time (he came from the other direction and waited in the car park with his daughter)

loddrik
    Free Member

I would give it back,I believe in all that karma bollix

This

noltae
    Free Member

As non tangible as the laws of karma appear, returning the money in unison with the homeless guy’s £10 windfall has to manifest somewhere down the line – Surely !

lcj

You’ve been done, classic money laundering scam. You’ve banked the money and now you’ll return it nicely laundered for him. Game over I’m afraid.

Can you hear the helicopter circling? Bet you wish you had a bike now.. 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Well as long as I didn’t have a 100 quid in my sky rocket first, before puttin the fella’s 800 in and then counting back 9 later…

I have no idea what this means.

Id give it back though, definitely.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

as long as you sure you didn’t have £100 in your wallet before the sell,
    I give it back.

But you got to ask, can the bloke who brought the bike count?
    Be interesting to know how much he was short changed when selling his car?
    be a good bet it was £100……

zero-cool
    Free Member

I say return it. If I was left short £100 I’d be in a world of trouble at the moment.

nuke

Why do you even need to ask?
    Give it back.

^ this

unovolo
    Free Member

I’d be checking the cash is all legit ie.Real no fakes, as you may find rather than being £100 up your actually no better off and minus a £800 bike.
    If its real I’d return it.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Mister P – Member
    Coke and hookers aren’t cheap these days, keep it.

It would be plenty for a skinny line along with a topless knee trembler ooop north (allegedly).

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Btw, I’m a great believer in karma too so the choice is yours op.

jimmy

I said I knew my choice, I believe in karma and I’m still waiting on his bank details to return it. That or circling police choppers, obvs.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

The only thing you’ve done wrong is post it on The People’s Court.

nick1962
    Free Member

With that much money in my pocket I felt bad when I thought “sorry mate, no change”… So I dropped a tenner in.

Giving other people’s money away is easy 😉

globalti
    Free Member

Absolutely give it back. No question; it’s the honest thing to do.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘I sold a bike in a service station’ is closed to new replies.