Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • I should have known better…(Warning: gazumped on Classifieds AFTER paying)
  • brant
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

I'm more gobsmacked that you paid circa £600 to someone who posted for the first time.

Trusting or a gambler? Sorry.

Jamie
    Free Member

I never see them doing anything..

They are like good security. You don't notice them till they are leading you out of the venue in a headlock.

…..but the classifieds does need 'something' to weed out all the scammers/traders and general arseholes.

hora
    Free Member

Brant. A well known bikeshop employee accidently put a new bike sale through at circa 10% of the price he should have put it through at (on the PDQ? machine). Later on (probably cashing up etc?) it came to light. They immediately contacted the buyer. Buyer didnt respond so they wrote to him.

Eventually he cameback into the store and offered them '£200' more to settle the matter' as what he thought was a reasonable amount to pay.

They accepted this.

The price difference was actually huge – probably about £700. Now if it came down to moral, the lad buying the bike obviously must have clocked the amount presented to him when he was asked to enter his PIN. Two people missing the mistake? DOUBT IT.

This was relayed to me by someone above the employee (who kept his job). Although it wouldnt be unreasonable to let someone go?

corr got mi sen a bargain and if the fecker gets sacked – tough?
    Some people really have **** all morals though.

Xylene
    Free Member

Easy mistake to make on when checking the amount as well. You don't generally expect the retailer to mess up the decimal place.

I'm going to have to start checking more regularly

hora
    Free Member

Sickening though isn't it? How someone can think 'fair game'. Just shows how badly some peoples parents brought up their child.

I bought a set of forks with buy it now on Ebay from a company based out of Hope. It was only circa £150 difference however the seller mentioned he'd made a mistake but was happy to go ahead. I refused, said I was happy to annul the auction with no bad feedback etc. He insisted (and persisted). I always felt 'bad' though and sold them onto Binners at the exact same price that I'd paid.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Good points, maybe the mods do do a good job like when you don't notice the ref in a football match.

But the classifieds still suck – I reckon more people would use them if they were regulated better.

I recently took an item, bought as a present, back to my LBS and when the guy processed the refund on my card he put it through as £399 instead of £39. He was grateful when I pointed out the error to him.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I had to really insist once that I'd been undercharged-I bought some forks for my old Galaxy and a couple of bits and bobs, and when they rang it up the forks clearly hadn't been included. To begin with they wouldn't have it but were a bit sheepish and quite grateful when the penny dropped.

Anyway, on the OP's original point he's right ot be annoyed because it's right out of order, but it's not really worth doing anything about it other than chalking it up to experience.

moonboy
    Free Member

Big man,

Even for an individual of your levels of biketartyness that was a possibly slightly OTT (potential) purchase, non?

Assume you have got your money back? If so then its a more than a bit shitty by them but thats life i guess.

anyways, see you in a couple of weeks 🙂

(if you're planning on spending that much on a trailer the curries are on you this time)

mcboo
    Free Member

Gav used to cut around Glasgow uni in gear you could use for a summit attempt on the Matterhorn. Absolutely not at all surprised he's spending £600 on a kids bike trailer, not even a little bit.

Where these curries going to be?

retro83
    Free Member

Woody – Member
    Only problem I've had on here was with someone with only a short selling history. Luckily I got the money back through Paypal.

Maybe it's time to do what they were forced to do on a watch forum I frequent. Minimum 50 posts on the forums before you are allowed to sell OR buy in the classifieds.

POSTED 3 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST
    z1ppy – Member
    and have ppl posting rubbish 50 odds times, just to post in the classified, oh… you wouldn't notice would you.

POSTED 3 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

… or maybe have to wait for minimum of 50 posts and for a minimum of 3 months to have passed since their registration.

moonboy
    Free Member

@mcboo – genuine coffee in keyboard moment 🙂

up his way in couple of weeks.

mcboo
    Free Member

He told me he was living in Blackpool but I know he's joking. Lytham St Annes maybe….

😉

Edric64
    Free Member

I'm more gobsmacked that you paid circa £600 for a bike trailer ,when I read that I thought you meant one to carry motorbikes!! I didn't realise they could cost that much

molgrips
    Free Member

Christ those things hold their value 🙂

nbt

mcboo – Member

He told me he was living in Blackpool but I know he's joking. Lytham St Annes maybe….

Working in Blackpool. Living further south

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I'd be surprised if you could do much re Small Claims Court. Imagine if you could do it for house gazumping!

Ultimately you've not lost anything (apart from a bargain cycle trailer). At least the money is back in your bank, there's been worse happened on here.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘I should have known better…(Warning: gazumped on Classifieds AFTER paying)’ is closed to new replies.