Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I sensed spring on my ride in this morning
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Definitely.

It may have been just 3 deg C but the signs were there. Crocuses on lawns, magpies carrying unwieldy twigs to their nest make-overs and a higher than usual sun. Spring has got its blue lights on and is heading this way.

Long rides and beer gardens….

jam-bo

It was a lovely drive in once I’d chipped the ice off my car…

DezB
    Free Member

…young maidens in flowery dresses skipping through meadows..

(it’s gonna piss down tomorrow 🙁 )

matt_outandabout

Meh. There is time yet for winter.
    This was April last year, first one is the drifts on the local mountain road (still):

IMGP0676 by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

R0017127 by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

njee20
    Free Member

Was **** cold!

tonyd

I felt it too, lovely sunny morning. I’m sure the birds have cranked it up a notch in the last week or so.

This week I’ve ditched the winter tights and am now donning bib shorts for the commute (along with some other layers of course).

sharkbait
    Free Member

I noticed yesterday that one bit of hedge on our driveway has new leaves on it and the blackthorn is coming into flower. Spring is nearly here!!

twinw4ll
    Free Member

There ain’t anything better for soothing the soul than a sunny morning walk with your trusty hound.
    Yes spring is just around the corner.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The daffs are out, and the combination of the moon and venus in the dawn sky has me thinking that the incomprehensible forces of the changing of the seasons are grinding along.

scandalous
    Free Member

meh – got all my stuff sorted last night so I could throw my leg over the bike and go either very first thing this morning or later and enjoy what looks like a gorgeous day. currently in bed with the mother of all upset guts and hot and cold sweats.

I blame the kids.

binners

I got home from work on Monday night , got changed and went out on my bike in daylight. DAYLIGHT!!!!! And there were daffs coming through all over the shop. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO 😀

darrell
    Free Member

Nope. Still winter here

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I sensed spring on my ride in this morning’ is closed to new replies.