Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • I see Nick Griffin's got a new job….
  • binners

as Theresa Mays speechwriter.

She should get the vote of those who find UKIP a bunch of wishy washy liberals

The summary from the Telegraph. The Telegraph FFS!!

“It’s hard to know where to start with Theresa May’s awful, ugly, misleading, cynical and irresponsible speech to the Conservative Party conference today.

If you haven’t seen reports of it, allow me to summarise: “Immigrants are stealing your job, making you poorer and ruining your country. Never mind the facts, just feel angry at foreigners. And make me Conservative leader.”

Classy stuff!

MSP

I take it she lost the Telegraphs backing by not mentioning that immigrants killed Diana.

wwaswas

October 2002:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasty_Party

“There’s a lot we need to do in this party of ours. Our base is too narrow and so, occasionally, are our sympathies. You know what some people call us – the Nasty Party.”

Wise words, if only she’d listened to herself.

lemonysam
    Free Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11913392/Theresa-May-Mass-immigration-making-cohesive-society-impossible.html

She will cite the migrant crisis engulfing continental Europe and will say that people “conflate refugees in desperate need of help with economic migrants who simply want to live in a more prosperous society”.

Was that not exactly what the government spent several months doing before sufficiently aesthetically striking people started dying?

konabunny
    Free Member

…but no-one reads the Telegraph any more.

chewkw
    Free Member

Crikey, you lot still read newspaper?

It is so so yesterday you know. 🙄

edit: I was watching Is Britian Racist the other day and my conclusion is you lot are ALL racist regardless of your colour.

White = Racist
    Black = Racist
    Yellow = Racist
    Brown = Racist
    Mixed = Racist

All you lot that is but it is the naive view that cannot accept that people are inherently evil … 🙄

kimbers

Now ukips dying on its arse she’s angling to get the grey xenophobe vote back as her pitch for the leadeship

project
    Free Member

attention seeking woman gets attention by spouting a load of right wing political claptrap

chewkw
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    Now ukips dying on its arse she’s angling to get the grey xenophobe vote back as her pitch for the leadeship

Why does everyone has to be racist if they don’t vote for Labour?

🙄

project – Member

attention seeking woman gets attention by spouting a load of right wing political claptrap

So JC(not Jesus Christ) is not attention seeking?

davosaurusrex

He’s back! And as mental as ever!

Solo
    Free Member

oh dear!

Well, as has been proven so often in the past. There’s no chance of a sensible debate on this issue on this forum. It would seem……..

So I’ll try to be brief. For those who didn’t see it, although it’s there in plain site, the key word was “high”.

The way I heard it, I believe the point trying to be made was it is likely that if immigration levels reach too high a level, such activity negatively influences social cohesion and economic stability and growth. Who’s to say that there might not be a point of fact in that conjecture?

Worse perhaps to bury heads in the sand and flood a region of the world only to find you have a different type of mess on your hands.

For what it’s worth, I’m on the fence. Obviously (and it hardly needs saying but for the benefit of the obtuse) I do agree that people in genuine need should be given sanctuary here and assistance wherever they may be, it would be inhuman to do otherwise.

However, for us as a country/society to grant unlimited and unending entrance to our Island, as much as we might like to, seems a but strange if not irresponsible.
    Yes, you can live here, we’re already stretched to breaking point (whatever that may be) and as a consequence life here isn’t as nice as it might otherwise be, but come in anyway[/i]“

It would seem a lot of things have a limit, in one form or another, so why would immigration be any different.

And finally, a bit disappointed to hear Eddy Mare on R4 this evening using the phrase “stealing jobs“.
    Perhaps somewhat naively I had come to expect the BBC to be above using such emotive language, if for no other reason than to at least appear to be impartial, but failing that then at least for the reason it would otherwise make the BBC appear to think listeners are too stupid to notice their deliberate use of specific words/language.

Carry, on.
    😐

crankboy
    Free Member

“And we know that for people in low-paid jobs, wages are forced down even further while some people are forced out of work altogether.”
    Hard not to read that as a ” immigrants steel your jobs” dog whistle. Which like much of what she says is factually incorrect. She is after all “cat flap” May who survived her previous direct fibs to conference about the Human Rights Act.

Solo
    Free Member

CrankBoy.

I think you may have missed my point, which would be my fault, as some posts I make aren’t always read as I would intend.

I was merely pointing out that imo, the BBC should stick to the facts, including the exact words used in, say, a speech and not re-write that speech by using different, emotive, language when reporting on or reviewing such speeches

Just my opinion and sadly, that’s my play time here over for tonight.
    have fun.

footflaps

I do find the Telegraph a bit Jeckyl and Hyde at the moment, one minute they’re vilifying Corbyn for being a leftie, and the next they’re laying into the Tories for being self serving racist scumbags. It’s all very confusing…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Best to start off with a disrespectful goad. If that wont lead to sensible debate then what will?

So I’ll try to be brief.

Ok I will try not to copy and paste then 😕

For those who didn’t see it, although it’s there in plain site, the key word was “high”.

What ? she was off her face on Gideon powder?

The way I heard it, I believe the point trying to be made was it is likely that if immigration levels reach too high a level, such activity negatively influences social cohesion and economic stability and growth.

Nah she really said we had reached this point and we are letting in to many – bot odd really seing as its her job and the PM made a pledge bit hey lets just run with this eh

But even if we could manage all the consequences of mass immigration, Britain does not need net migration in the hundreds of thousands every year…..So there is no case, in the national interest, for immigration of the scale we have experienced over the last decade.

WHat speech did you listen to?

Who’s to say that there might not be a point of fact in that conjecture?

WOw defences dont come much stronger than this 😆

Worse perhaps to bury heads in the sand and flood a region of the world only to find you have a different type of mess on your hands.

Ah that will be the level headed temperate debate others can only aspire to Bless you.

For what it’s worth, I’m on the fence.

Of course you are its so clear one wonders why you stated it

Obviously (and it hardly needs saying but for the benefit of the obtuse) I do agree that people in genuine need should be given sanctuary here and assistance wherever they may be, it would be inhuman to do otherwise.

Agreed

However, for us as a country/society to grant unlimited and unending entrance to our Island, as much as we might like to, seems a but strange if not irresponsible.

Probably why no one has stated it but hey why not beat that straw man to death
    Bored now so I stopped

Wow I was briefer than you …the horror 😛

footflaps

Ok I will try not to copy and paste then

You’d have been better off ignoring him, he has neither seen the speech nor read the Telegraph article and is just stating his anti-immigrant views dressed up as a ‘debate’….

wwaswas

Immigrants contribute £20 billion more to this country than they cost it.

I’m more than happy for us to have more here.

Junkyard
    Free Member

True
    Forgive me

cfinnimore
    Free Member

*sigh*

Just this year, to qualify a decade of similar experiences, we have replaced 3 lazy brits for three brilliant international hard workers.

Not an issue of “stealing our jobs” more “getting them done”.

I can see how the xenophobic chatter musters when Brian tells his mate he lost his job to a bloody Tunisian muslim. Ugh!

It’s a big world.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Higher immigration, according to the independent Migration Observatory at Oxford University, leads to higher economic growth and the net gain from immigrants is significant (almost £3bn).

So, what do the Tories want? Less foreigners or a lower deficit?

footflaps

So, what do the Tories want? Less foreigners or a lower deficit?

The Tories have never been interested in academic nonsense such as cause and effect, their whole outlook on life is framed by something they call ‘common sense’ which is just a nom-de-plume for their public school ingrained prejudices such as coloured people bad, white people good or poor people bad, rich people good etc…

chewkw
    Free Member

Higher immigrants means you economy is doing well but what happens when the growth slow down? You have not thought about that have you?

Everyone knows a good economic attracts people like bees to honey but the question is about the aftermath of honey feeding frenzy. Can I have your pot of honey now?

Okay which comes first …
    economic growth attracting new immigrants or
    new immigrants creating economic growth … ya, answer that.

Are they all engineers, rocket scientists or doctors etc? How high a skill are they? You mean you don’t have people to clean toilets?

It’s all about competition when jobs are concerned. Competition! Get it? How can you steal a job? Can you carry a job like a piece of property or item?

Very simple, too many people competing/applying for too few jobs make everyone stress. Simple.

The more qualified the people who come over the more insecure your job will be. Fact! This is because now you are easily replaceable. You might think that you are secure and high and mighty because you are a “knowledge worker” (a corporate BS I learned during the ring fencing unicorn meeting) but get this … you are now replaceable. If that is not increase competition then you might as well award me all the toilet cleaning contracts to me. Yes, I will clean all your toilets. 🙄

Also having uncontrolled immigration is like your partner bending down inviting you to enter from behind … can you say no? Even if you don’t want to you will still get a good close look from behind … 🙄

footflaps

but what happens when the growth slow down? You have not thought about that have you?

You’ve not thought this through very well have you?

Amazingly immigration works both ways, when one economy downturns people emigrate somewhere else. Case in point would be Ireland since the 2008 crash has had a mass emigration.

chewkw
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

but what happens when the growth slow down? You have not thought about that have you?

You’ve not thought this through very well have you?[/quote]

Me, I start my own business if there is a slow down or if I want to play the system I want someone/others/anyone to feed me.

Have I not though through? Ya right …

All immigrants think about that all the time and it is a risk worth taking.

Are you an immigrant? 🙄

Amazingly immigration works both ways, when one economy downturns people emigrate somewhere else. Case in point would be Ireland since the 2008 crash has had a mass emigration.

If you are an EU citizen you can move around as you like with all the safety nets available to catch your fall … you are practically wrapped in cotton wool …

For non-EU citizen they are stuck in one place because some may not have the right papers to move around so what do they do if they want to remain continuously in EU?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I do find the Telegraph a bit Jeckyl and Hyde at the moment, one minute they’re vilifying Corbyn for being a leftie, and the next they’re laying into the Tories for being self serving racist scumbags. It’s all very confusing…

Proper capitalists like immigrants….

Also, there is a void for a paper that offers balance/opinion from the centre left ever since the Guardian went off the deep end and turned into a left wing click bait version of the Daily Heil.

Northwind

She is a ****ing wretch. The bizarre thing is she genuinely seems to be seen as future leader material, but everything she touches turns to shit, her department is an absolute disaster now- simply not able to do its job, and every new development seems designed to make it worse. Personally, I’ve seen her drive the UKVI further into institutional racism and actual designed-in failure and incompetence over the last few years, and it’s not like they were ever any bloody good in the first place. I could rant for an hour on ****ing ATAS alone and that’s just a sideshow. Judged on performance, the rational thing to do is fire her into the sun, I can’t think of a single thing she can claim as a success.

chewkw
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    I could rant for an hour on ****ing ATAS alone and that’s just a sideshow.

Come down dear said Michael Winner …

Fact is you don’t have a good British leader, regardless of political party that person belongs to, that is worthy of leading.

🙄

kimbers

it is hilarious that she’s seen as a leadership candidate when she has such a terrible track record

Id agree that we have no good british leader…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkjGqOg5-Kw[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

Awesome sense there.
    I think your posts could be improved by you simply banging your head on the keyboard then spell checking the results

Please dont mistake this as an attempt to engage you in dialogue
    FWIW I got a new computer today and I have not added fileblocker, thanks for the reminder

timidwheeler

udged on performance, the rational thing to do is fire her into the sun, I can’t think of a single thing she can claim as a success.

+1

crankboy
    Free Member

She successfully keeps her job despite regular episodes of intellectual dishonesty alienating where she should lead and rank incompetence.

Junkyard
    Free Member

to be fair IDS runs her close in that race

duckman

As a Scottish nationalist,may I just say that I feel both TM and IDS are underused and should get much more air time. She really is a disgusting creature though,and where does the smug bit come from? Everything she runs smells like wet dogshit.

bullheart
    Free Member

Awesome sense there.
    I think your posts could be improved by you simply banging your head on the keyboard then spell checking the results

Genuine 6am LOL’s for that Junky. Chapeau, sir!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That’s worthy of a hitchslap! Very funny, although I don’t mind Chewkw. I felt bad for laughing.

😀

footflaps

to be fair IDS runs her close in that race

Yep, they’re both utterly repulsive individuals who seems to have absolutely no sense of morals. I keep expecting IDS to announce he’s introducing a euthanasia program for the disabled…..

wwaswas

he’s introducing a euthanasia program for the disabled

he has, it’s just not called that yet.

binners

Jeremy Hunt has been making a recent bid too. Telling poor people on minimum wage, that they should be working harder. Though whereas TM and IDS, and Dave himself seem like genuinely irredeamingly appalling and truly vile human beings, Jezza seems like an utter ****-wit who probably hasn’t a clue what he’s actually saying

boriselbrus
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    Immigrants contribute £20 billion more to this country than they cost it.

I’m more than happy for us to have more here.

POSTED 14 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Totally agree. However an increase in population does need to be met with an increase in housing, schools, hospitals, roads etc. It’s quite telling that in the town where I used to live, a housing development of 2000 houses resulted in Tesco managing to get a Tesco Express built and opened in 3 months. Still no sight of the primary school and Dr surgery 3 years on despite them being in the development plans. And the roads are chaotic because the new access roads were never finished.

Still, I used to be very much in the centre as far as politics were concerned but the longer the Tories are in power the more left wing I become…

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘I see Nick Griffin's got a new job….’ is closed to new replies.