Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I saw a minor celeb today ;)
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

One of the stars* of the many police motoring reality programs, he was pointing a speed gun at me, thankfully it didn’t turn in to an actual meeting, but the tactics deployed were certainly stacked in his favour, low sun, he was under a bridge with the shade covering the good man & his car, he was basically hiding without breaking the rules, also in a temporary speed limit on a road which would normally have had a 25% higher one.

*I’m not sure which one, but its on the BBC & this was on the Herts / Beds border.

I’m not sure why I feel the need to post this, but it did upset me.

mattbee

As long as you are obeying the speed limit, it shouldn’t matter if he’s standing surrounded by flashing beacons and giant neon signs or wearing a gillie suit and hiding under a bush.
    Should have stopped and asked for his autograph.

wwaswas

low sun, he was under a bridge with the shade covering the good man

People who kill cyclists under such circumstances seem to get away scott free – perhaps you should have just run him down if you felt aggrieved by his choice of location to monitor law breaking?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I just felt the tactics were a bit out of order, a lot of roads around here have gone from being NSL to 30mph purely because people drive at the limit & not to the limit of ability & road conditions 😯

epicyclo

Full marks for seeing him.

My theory is if you’re going too fast to observe a hulking great policeman with his radar gun, you wouldn’t see a kid on a bike.

wwaswas

I just felt the tactics were a bit out of order

I’ve read that some police officers dress in civilian clothes so that they aren’t as immediately visible to criminals who are up to no good and can catch them red handed.

It’s just not entering into the spirit of things, imo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I saw a minor celeb today ;)’ is closed to new replies.