Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • i rode Gatescarth Pass yesterday and…
  • peachos
    Free Member

it was abysmal. well the descent to haweswater was anyway. not a happy sight seeing 'men at work' signs, JCB's and what promised to be a fine ride down to the valley side turned into nothing more than a track that makes your bike handle like it would at the beach.

just a word of warning to anyone planning a trip up there anytime soon.

amazing landscape though 🙂

wors

it wasn't like that last sunday!

peachos
    Free Member

i presumed it must have been really recent because there was no mention about it on the thread last week (the one that made me want to go out and ride it).

bad luck i suppose

lowey

Yeah we saw the excavators at the bottom. I pointed it out fearing the worst. How far up have they come ? Do we know if they are resurfacing the whole descent ?

peachos
    Free Member

about the top 20m are fine. the digger wasn't much further down from here and it's a mess for the rest of the descent.

wors

😥 😥

lowey

20m from the Top!!! That is a disaster of biblical proportions. One of the best technical descents in the lake gone. I'm in mourning.

lowey
    pennine
    Free Member

There's a temporary closure on 4×4 and motorcycle usage from April for 6 months to stop further damage. Depending on how the surface will stand up to vehicular traffic, they'll either remove the ban or apply for a TRO.

Looks like a fairly major renovation has started guys!

pennine
    Free Member

Just beat me to it Lowey!

Sancho
    Free Member

it was like this the other week;

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘i rode Gatescarth Pass yesterday and…’ is closed to new replies.