Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I rode Cadair Idris this weekend for the first time :)
  • shem
    Free Member

I live localy to Cadair, but have never cycled it before. Ive always put it down to bad weather or a hangover or friends pulling out, so this time I set a date and went for it.

Its a cracking ride, and the first craggy section of down hill, as seen in Dan atherton’s back country video is amazing to ride.

Heres the vid and endomundo stats 🙂

http://www.viewbix.com/v/Cadair-Idris-epic-ride-/41711fa3-f07c-48d0-a7d7-98c36812ced7

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/hrg6a3BDYLwEndomundo stats

shem
    Free Member

…or here for the video

Kevevs
    Free Member

it’s a cool mountain. I thought when I walked up it “I’m sure you could get a bike up this!” Good on ya, that can’t be easy!

shem
    Free Member

it wasnt, lol, worth it though 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Sweet. That’s one mountain I never managed whilst I lived in North Wales, on bike or foot – looks like a hoot!

rocketman
    Free Member

Have done it several times from Abergynolwyn, usually during Feb half term. Only once was it a total washout all other times it has been simply EPIC!

shem
    Free Member

Ill deffo be going up again, used the 29er hard tail this time, but will take the Roscoe full sus next time, that top section justifies it!

scaled
    Free Member

My favourite mountain – scorching hot summers day, sat in the river just down from the lake pretending it’s a refrigerated jacuzzi 😀

Quite a loose surface for riding down though?

mafiafish
    Free Member

I enjoyed the top 1/2 but the bottom’s not so great unless you go down the footpath, which, on a good day is likely to be a bit cheeky. We had wind and a bit of rain so we had it pretty much to ourselves.
    Those cliffs are something to behold!

devs
    Free Member

Great innit! I went up and down your descent. I’d love to ride it again. I think MIL is due a visit.

franki
    Free Member

Yeah, Cadair’s great! I rode it back in the early ’90s on my old Cindercone, complete with AT4s and really poor cantilever brakes.
    About time I had another go, I reckon! Only walked it since then.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I rode Cadair Idris this weekend for the first time :)’ is closed to new replies.