• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • I reckon I’ve got this bike building thing Dialled :)
  • timbercombe
    Free Member

Well I was thinking about getting a hardtail together for general trail riding and trying some 4X this summer as my Stiffee got nicked last October and since I’d built up a Giant Reign (and got a Scott Aspect and DMR Trailstar which I don’t use). So was thinking I might sell the two hardtails and see what I can come up with as an actual decent bike to use!
    Well since last week I’ve gone from nothing to this;

Frame: Dialled Prince Albert 17″
    Forks: Revelation 426 Coil U-Turns, Enduro Seals
    Headset: Richey WCS Sealed
    Front Wheel: Mavic CrossTrail UST
    Rear Wheel: Mavic CrossTrail UST
    Bars: Truvativ XR (Had in shed)
    Stem: Orange Stalk about 65mm (Had in shed)
    Grips: Orange Strange Lockon (Had in shed)
    Cassette: PG970 11-32
    Seatpost: Raceface Ride XC
    Cranks: Shimano Deore Arms 170mm
    Chainring: Raceface 34T (Light as anything!)
    Saddle: Sunline V1 Brown, Ti Rails
    F Tyre: WTB I had in Shed as Nevegal wouldn’t fit easily on UST rims with no tyre leavers
    R Tyre: Some one off a Scott Voltage I had lying about (both will be replaced with UST HRollers at some stage)
    Pedals: Shimano Clipless (Had in Shed)

Boxguide and seat collar coming next week, just need to shift the other two bikes to pay for some elixir and XT goodies

So far it’s cost me a really good price of £428 incl. boxguide & seat-collar.
    Should come in around £660 with a set of Elixirs and XT Drivechain which is about a third of what I paid for my stiffee with little downgrading in components. Comments/Views/Suggestions/Spec Change?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘I reckon I’ve got this bike building thing Dialled :)’ is closed to new replies.