Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I Really Really Want To Ride In The Rain :D
  • madjak
    Free Member

Just got the all clear from my Physio after a near 2 month lay off with injury and just can’t wait to have a cold, muddy, wet, soul destroying ride!

You boys who have been able to get out and enjoy the crappy weather don’t know how lucky you’ve been!

I’m not being sarcastic, anythings better than a month of enforced Turbo Trainering!

redthunder
    Free Member

🙂

We want pix of your ride as well 🙂

binners

You may be in luck, weather-wise. Last night was the least muddy ride I’ve had all year. nice fast solid ground. Absolutely effing freezing though, so you’re still ok on that score

Enjoy!!! 😀

madjak
    Free Member

After todays rain it may be back to slop again tomorrow but who cares, would be a novelty to have a dry ride based on the rest of the year. Will get some pics up if if the camera survives the conditions 🙂

Got to test my new Sombio Mid shoes and neoprene socks as well!

madjak
    Free Member

As requested some pics of the days ride, sadly it didn’t rain but was plenty muddy enough! Brilliant day for a ride though.

Link To Pics

lasty
    Free Member

That looks like a grand day out if ever i saw one – glad you had a ball !!

jam-bo

I went out this afternoon. Who knew that rain showers hunted in packs….

madjak
    Free Member

Was a great day, more like autumn. I just missed the showers luckily.

One thing though, the Turbo Trainer just can’t do the business. Riding the single speed really hurt!

Here’s the route, basic and flatish but nice views.

http://app.strava.com/activities/32467753

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Just got the all clear from my Physio after a near 2 month lay off with injury and just can’t wait to have a cold, muddy, wet, soul destroying ride!

Fantastic, get some in !

toby1

Sound like you’d have loved my commute home Friday, freezing rain, high gusting winds, not too cold and properly good fun 🙂

cuckoo
    Free Member

Sound like you’d have loved my commute home Friday, freezing rain, high gusting winds, not too cold and properly good fun

+1 except for the freezing rain. It was about +4. I should have been properly miserable after a couple of hours in such conditions but instead I was loving it.

After the morning commute, (which did involve freezing rain, and consequently sheet ice which I could not ride on) I was enjoying having some grip again and being reasonably warm.

If I had a 2-month lay-off I’d like to think I would have the same attitude as madjack. Shouldn’t have to wait too long for a rainy ride at this time of year!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I Really Really Want To Ride In The Rain :D’ is closed to new replies.