Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • I really don't want to go out
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Bloody hell 😕

oldgit
    Free Member

Oooh good timing, race licence just dropped through the door.

See you in five hours……or three and a half 😳

Kryton57

I was going to say, me too. After taking the decision not to enter the Gorrick Spring series, and with a two hour window before the weekend stormy weather sets in, and a bike build to complete, and at least 1 sick kid, I’ve taken the decision to relax with the family this weekend, no biking.

Sometimes you just need a break. (Intervals planned for Tuesday 😈 )

oldgit
    Free Member

**** me it’s snowing now. deffo 62 miler.

Isn’t there anyone else that HAS to ride?

And my gloves are in the car, and the missus is out in it. Full winter road test of Body Geometry XC gloves coming soon?

oldgit
    Free Member

(Intervals planned for Tuesday )

Double hard bastard session huh?

Right here we go.

flap_jack
    Free Member

raintoday says it’ll stop soon.

dale
    Free Member

Seasonally damp here 3 hr sweat fest planned looking forward to getting back already

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Already made plans.
    Mates coming round in a minute, and were of too slide around in the mud.
    I just fancy going too the pub. 😀

Kryton57

Double hard bastard session huh?

Yep. 1 hour long, and 3 of the 5 intervals will be up cat 4 climbs.

lucien

Krypton – cat4 climbs down south ❓

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

cat4 is only 4-5% isn’t it, just long?

Kryton57

Yes there are! I think they average about 5% but two if the at least have 1-200m sections at 22%.

The first is in steps and goes, 2%, 12%, 22%, 15% and 2%. Roughly speaking. I’ve nearly been sick at the top of that one on the road and SS.

composite
    Free Member

Not been able to ride for ages because of a bust rib. This is my first weekend of being able to get back on the bike and no amount of weather is stopping me. 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m donning riding gear, it’s pissing down and I’m gonna get wet, very wet.

Intervals for me too, to keep me warm, no long ride just hack, cruise, hack, die, cruise, hack die x2, cruise, sofa.

bradley
    Free Member

No riding for me but my new bike is delivered some time next week and totally regardless of weather I am out Saturday or Sunday next weekend for a 25 mile ride around Christmas Commons.

Anyone care to join me?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Been sat in the LBS drinking tea and eating biscuits after dropping the car at the garage for a new set of tyres fitting. Sold a couple of bikes for ’em and now have the dilemma of being offered a good deal on an alloy 2013 Synapse as a winter bike…………..should have gone for a ride and saved a load of cash :¬/

crazy-legs

The only bike I would even consider going out on in this weather is the CX.

Which is currently awaiting some spare parts to make it work again…
    🙁 Might do a track session on Sunday.

mtbfix

Dragged the bikes out for 2 hours in the sleet and snow. Not as cold as it might have been and the wet chalk made even dull trails interesting. Returned to mrs mtbfix and the mtbfixlette making cheese scones. Result!

mikey74
    Free Member

Went xc running today instead. Good, muddy fun, without feeling my bike being worn away beneath me with every pedal stroke.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Bailed on the club run due to rain, no mudguards and three hours sleep. 100km Audax tomorrow though.

kilo

Just back after 45 miles into surrey on the road bike with the mrs, withing twenty minutes of leaving the house some guy riding in front of us was hit by a car turning across him, up into the air and landed on the car destroying the windscreen but the bloke was miraculously fairly unscathed. The Mrs had a hangover so the hillfest was abandoned when it started to snow at the top of Ranmore Common. Rugby time now.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Just got back, and it was alright. Not too muddy, and the trails were riding pretty well.
    Helped I was riding with couple of good mates.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m in too, cold, wet, cold, wet (repeat adnausium) 44miles of Sth Downs bumps on the Roadie and the lanes are filthy, dirty boys..
    Intervals went well, ave speeds increasing, climbings better and other than burning crotch from a little too liberal use of embrocation, it was well worth the effort.
    It’s still raining, and cold.
    I’d stay in if I were you 😆

Olgit back yet??

brakes
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be riding to Brighton tomorrow – a ride that’s been planned for a while.
    Rain forecast all day with a 20mph headwind for 50 miles. Not sure I’ll bother.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You could catch the train 😆

rOcKeTdOg

well today’s #SSFeb ride was a bit gritty, off to wash the mud from….well basically everywhere apart from the inside of my eyelids 😯

sambob
    Free Member

Macc Forest’s alright Crazy-legs, just been out with SSstu and it wasn’t too bad, Charity lane was snowy up top and just very wet lower down.

composite
    Free Member

Got out there and just did an very easy paced 18 miles on the road with the rigid mountain bike. Whole left side of my ribs are aching some and the weather was cold and wet but it was still great to get out riding.

dantsw13

I’m in a hotel in India, so it was 1 hr on the Crosstrainer in the gym, and I’m off out for a proper curry now!!

Kryton57

*feels guilty and lazy all at once* 😳

thepodge
    Free Member

A few of us cant be arsed to go proper riding so we’ve built a slalom through a field

26 seconds of side by side racing followed by a 2 minute push up.

brooess
    Free Member

As I’ve only ridden once this year I made myself go out on the club ride this morning. Really didn’t want to. Brassic and sleeting/rain (South London/Kent) but sitting in the cafe afterwards felt good 🙂

Roll on spring!

oldgit
    Free Member

Was okay, the heavy snow was fun.
    Got about halfway, got over the Crong (Ridgeway Path) and my gears stopped working.
    Didn’t dare fiddle with them, so I finished the last 37 miles in either 42×23 or 53×23
    Quite a few out.

Saw a 4X4 loose it’s trailer/lawnmower thingy, watched it slide across the carriageways and into a field just missing two roadies. As I passed I saw that it was for towing behind a lawnmower not a road going vehicle, the steel tow arm had snapped clean in haff. Not the sort of thing you’d leave laying around half a mile from a gypsy camp?

And I see my lad has been browsing on my login.

Nobby

3 hrs on the roadie – thanks to a combination of setting off a bit later than planned & the weather closing in quicker than predicted I had sun, rain, sleet & snow. I think I’m just about warm again now :-/

lambchop
    Free Member

Woburn to Stocky and back was lovely in the sleet this morning.

cinnamon_girl

The last time I rode saw me cleaning the bike for an hour afterwards. CBA doing it again. 😳

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve adopted the clean it as part of your ride routine. Seems to take far less time if done straight away and before you take your kit off.

rOcKeTdOg

i hosed the bike and me down afterwards

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I had my best ride for 6 months today, 3 deg, rain cold wind, but really enjoyed it.

Kryton57

oldgit – Member
    I’ve adopted the clean it as part of your ride routine. Seems to take far less time if done straight away and before you take your kit off.

Me too, but more so because usually my boots & legs also need a hose down.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘I really don't want to go out’ is closed to new replies.