Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I prefer riding to photography – am I wrong?
  • BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I kind of lost my will to ride after working away all week for weeks on end, coming back to the UK tired and facing muddy tracks.

Thought I would try photography instead. I borrows a mates DSLR for a few days to play before spending any money. I walked up to the woods and realised how far things are when you walk. Took a couple of photos and they seemed okay. Decided to scout around the woods for some better locations. I was thinking of twisted trees and interesting plants or something like that.

Started riding and it was 2 hours later before I realised I was meant to slow down and look at stuff.

Looks like I will have to spend my hard earned on another bike instead of a camera (or a 2nd hand MX5 of course).

Anyone else on this website discovered cycling is fun?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Would I be right to infer that you're not liking the photography threads on here?

In which case you'd be in the wrong forum. 😉

Drac

It's bloody ace, slowly starting to ride again after a few months off. Had a top day on Sunday on some simply fantastic trails, still like my photography though. That said I've slowed right off and didn't take my camera on Sunday, still thinking of getting a 550D though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I walked up to the woods and realised how far things are when you walk.

Haha! Yes! Except with me I'm usually taking the wife out for a walk.. it's just up here darling.. no really, it's not far….. (three hours later…)

I'm back on the mtb properly after what seems like months of 'training' on the road bike. B*llocks to that, I'm getting me some dry singletrack.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I like riding, but I like taking pictures of my mates riding as well. Some rides I take my camera and I take loads of photos, others the camera doesn't even leave my bag!

CaptJon
    Free Member

I hate it when people interrupt a ride to spend ages mucking about with their camera. Off the bike i love taking pictures though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I prefer riding to photography – am I wrong?’ is closed to new replies.