Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • I predict the rebirth of a retro niche.
  • darrell
    Free Member

yes its just to the north of Odda near a small place called Aurland

Very very very nice area

rOcKeTdOg

skin suits have always been “in”

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Rocketdog, I think they may be a circus act. What comedy bonnet for the big top?

Digger90
    Free Member

Nothing new under the sun.

Yep – those forks, although rigid, are Kashima coated.

The bars are the new On One ‘Yard Wides’

and the tweed jackets are from Rapha’s 2012 ‘Fjord Collection’ co-designed by Stella McCartney.

rossi46
    Free Member

“Have it lads” 😆

Duggan

It’s an ace picture and it certainly makes you think about how much easier we have it it today in many ways.

Recently finished reading A Race for Madmen by Chris Sidwells which is an interesting biography of the Tour de France.

The historical stuff from back in the day is by far the most interesting aspect of it all- stories of guy’s like that Van Lerberghe chap mentioned above abound, strange to think how different people were back then.

If I remember correctly one guy descending a high mountain pass in the tour broke his frame, and this in the days when they were not allowed any outside help to complete stages. He had undertook a blacksmith apprenticeship years before and so set-off looking for the local blacksmith which he found, repaired his frame himself in the forgery and then completed the stage 😀

kcr
    Free Member

Came across this on Retronaut yesterday:

First Tour de France
    http://www.retronaut.co/2011/08/finish-of-the-first-tour-de-france-1903/

Duggan

Top stuff, guy with his hand on the bike looks like he is on the verge of getting the thousand-yard stare.

Chap next to him in the white seems in pretty good spirits still though 8)

qwerty
    Free Member

i know its been posted before, but i give you retro cross:

http://ncncacx.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/vintage-cyclo-cross.html

nick3216
    Free Member

they’re wearing ties. A chap had to have standards

Saw this pic by Loch Ness this week. If you’re about to die trying to set the world water speed record in a jet powered boat, at least dress smartly chaps.

(It’s John Cobb)

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘I predict the rebirth of a retro niche.’ is closed to new replies.