Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I Predict A Riot
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

Well I did anyhow, as did a lot of us on here I seem to recall.

2011 saw great social unrest and rioting over the summer, 2012 saw everyone distracted by the Olympics.

As for 2013, I along with many others in the first few months of the year sensed more growing tensions amongst those being hit hardest by the recession. We’ve had numerous things that could have triggered the predicted riots such as the Woolwich murder, the reform of the benefits system etc and we’ve just a 3 week period of plenty of people getting lairy in the barmy weather that we’ve had.

Where are the riots then? Will they happen? I can’t help but think that they’d have already happened by now if they were going to? Maybe everyone is still too chuffed about the new royal sprog to want to riot?

Stoner
    Free Member

you sound disappointed.

bencooper
    Free Member

The chemicals they’ve been spraying in aircraft contrails are mood suppressants, that’s why people aren’t rioting.

And it’s why everyone gets so angry when their flights are cancelled.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Surprised rather than disappointed Stoner.

binners

I thought that given a few weeks uninterrupted sunshine, it would definitely go off big time, in the inner cities!

Bloody kids nowadays! No commitment! They’re all playing bloody Call of Death on their X Stations, over the interweb, with their mates in their baggy arsed jeans! Or sexting girls pictures of their cobblers!

Either that or there’s been an influx of really good E’s! 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its too bloody hot to riot!

Who wants to be stood in a crowd of sweaty teenagers trying to pinch trainers from JD sports? The only positive would be the water cannons.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s raining now, you’ll never get a good riot going in the rain.

loum
    Free Member

Weather’s been too nice for rioting this summer.
    People aren’t as wound up.

As a science, Riot Prediction seems to be harder even than weather forecasting.
    Beyond 10 days, there’s just too many variables for the models to cope.

kimbers

tough sentencing worked as a deterrant?

I got the impression that a lot of the rioters last time were opportunistic thieves really, easily scared off by a few prison sentences making the headlines

I dont think the youth of today have enough spunk to get genuinely upset about polictics,and they are too busy playing xbox or watching 500 channels of pure relentless shite on skytv

and despite what the right wing press would have us believe the NHS is no where near as dire as it was back in the 80s and low interst rates have kept the repos down-

saying all that youth unemployment is high and I cant see that getting better anytime soon, might see some trouble before the end of the summer!

loum
    Free Member

Too hot to nick trainers too, it’s sandals weather.
    And imagine the pain if you got sent down for thieving sandals. You’d not get out alive. Just not worth the risks.

A wet August might change things.

ampthill

But 2 new major consoles announced this year!!

So no people have something to dream about and work for

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chqi8m4CEEY[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGiX5tbLKiY[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zq4f6WYmHU[/video]

Well then, what are you we waiting for?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Ah well, can’t say I didn’t warn you 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well then, what are you we waiting for?

I would join but then it would be a conspiracy 😉

Tom-B
    Free Member

Interesting point re the tough sentences handed out to the rioters of 2011 perhaps many of the opportunists that joined in last time will be dissuaded from joining in if we get any more unrest?

I still can’t see things staying all rosy for too long though, the level of unemployment is very worrying amongst 18-25’s and when you consider the amount of people on zero hour contracts on minimum wage, the whole situation looks rather bleak.

Pigface
    Free Member

Kicked off in Huntington Beach after the US Open surf contest. Not bad though.

I thought there would be riots, it just needs the catalyst like the police shooting of someone.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I Predict A Riot’ is closed to new replies.