Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I-Pod shuffle help please – found one, trying to trace owner….
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

So, whilst out walking the dog t’other day I found and I-Pod Shuffle.
    I’m down widdit enough to have put a found message on the local village FB page, no joy… and i’m pretty sure it’s what they call a ‘classic’ – clip on thing, size of a big stamp.

So, i’ve plugged it in to me macbook, to see if there is anything to ID the rightful owner.
    Thing is, i know nothing of these ‘I’ devices…
    Red led is flashing so I guess this tells me it’s charging but, it’s not showing up on finder / i-tunes?
    What, if anything, can I do?

DezB
    Free Member

If you sync it with your iTunes, you’ll erase all the content, so anyone could claim it as theirs! plug in headphones, listen to a couple of tracks – claimant will have to name those tracks to have it back.
    It is just called an iPod Shuffle (mk2, rather than “classic”).

marsdenman
    Free Member

plug in headphones, listen to a couple of tracks – claimant will have to name those tracks to have it back.

Cheers Dez, done that bit, i’ve not a clue who the tracks are that I have listened to but there are a couple of ‘identifying features’ that I think only the owner would know.
    RE: synching – that’s what I don’t get – I thought it would at least show up as a device and I could peek at the track list, hoping, I guess to see something like ‘jackJones’ Playlist’ with jack, of course being the potential owner – guess it does not work like that though… Luddite, moi? 😳

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Not sure if they have a serial number? If there is you could let apple know, they may be able to trace the owner as most devices are registered.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Just spoke to apple, a logical and completely expected reply from them – yep, it’s likely the device is registered and therefore, they’d have the details… but they cannot get involved in a situation where data protection issues would kick in so, best bet = hand it in to the local bobbies so they can ring apple and ask the same question…..

sharkbait
    Free Member

A friend retrieved a GoPro Hero 2 a couple of weeks ago which had been dropped in the sea and left by some lads who had been filming themselves jumping in off the rocks.
    It’s his now 🙂

BTW, flashing red light just means the battery is dead and may well have to charge a bit before it reboots and is recognised by your mac.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I-Pod shuffle help please – found one, trying to trace owner….’ is closed to new replies.