Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • I-phone users.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Why do they insist on leaving them out on display?

Put it in your pocket. There is no point on having it on the desk because in the last 6 months I’m not aware of anyone actually calling you on the damn thing.

Sent from my Samsung J700

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Becasue it does so much more than make calls. Maybe you should try one 🙂

MS
    Free Member

sounds like someone is a tad jealous!

terrahawk
    Free Member

the same people that go into shops/pubs/caffs/etc and say, ‘Can I GET a…’ instead of ‘Can I HAVE….’.

scaredypants

I wouldn’t sit at a desk with a phone in my pocket

… and I’d have an iphone like a shot if they had a bigger screen and cost half as much

… are you listening Apple ??!! …. 🙁

poppa
    Free Member

the same people that go into shops/pubs/caffs/etc and say, ‘Can I GET a…’ instead of ‘Can I HAVE….’.

What sort of people go into shops/pubs/caffs/etc and say ‘May I have…’ then? 😉

Isn’t an iPhone just a little portable computer that you can make phone calls on, and isn’t an ‘app’ just another name for a computer program? I’m not sure I understand all the fuss!

Wozza
    Free Member

Samsung J700?? Yeah nice one.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Isn’t an iPhone just a little portable computer that you can make phone calls on, and isn’t an ‘app’ just another name for a computer program? I’m not sure I understand all the fuss!

Yep, basically.

And neither could I until I tried one 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

There’s nothing wrong with i-phones. In fact I’d love one.

I just don’t understand why people (and i’m not saying that it applies to everyone) have to parade about with them or leave them on display.

Just a Friday troll. Nothing personal like. 😉

Regarding the mighty J700. It is shit but it works and when I eventually break it I can get another for thirty quid.

Cougar

It’s the old joke.

How do you know someone has an iPhone? … They tell you.

miketually
    Free Member

My current favourite joke: “How do you know when someone has an iPhone? They tell you.”

They have to put them on the desk, because they’re a brick.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I’ve always taken my phone out of my pocket when sitting down. At the office, at the pub, at home.

It’s not a smart phone thing, I used to do it with one of these too!

cpon
    Free Member

Having a phone out on a desk is not common to Apple users, everyone in our office has their phone out on their desk regardless of brand, maybe you just notice the iPhone more?

When I first got an iPhone a friend I’d arranged to meet called me whilst I was in a noisy pub, I stepped outside to take the call and was harassed by a smoker saying to his friends ‘Oh look at this guy thinks he’s cool cos he’s got an iphone – show off’ – No, I was taking a call and would have done the same which ever phone I’d had.

It is strange that one product can generate so much controversy and envy from non users.

emsz
    Free Member

Mate of mine plays with his constantly. Really really annoying when you’re talking to someone

Cougar

We’re still talking about phones, right?

Harry_the_Spider

I-phone user sat next to me going about his normal business. You wouldn’t know that he had one.

Image taken with somebody else’s I-phone.

MrSparkle

Laughing here as I have just this minute put mine on the desk next to me, something I never do normally!

flamejob
    Free Member

You mean ‘may I have…’ 🙄

Harry_the_Spider

Oh Gawd. They’re blowing into the microphone and playing them like recorders now.

Harry_the_Spider

Double post. Move along.

loddrik
    Free Member

Maybe it’s because Ive lived in Liverpool too long but I deliberately have mine out of view at all times in case it gets swiped.

emsz
    Free Member

😳 mind you, what is that all about anyway? Leave it alone ffs

GrahamS

I just don’t understand why people (and i’m not saying that it applies to everyone) have to parade about with them or leave them on display.

I always have mine sitting on the table when in a cafe.

Why?

• It’s too big to comfortably put in a front jeans pocket.
    • I don’t want to put it in my back pocket and sit on it.
    • I don’t want to leave it in my jacket over the back of the chair cos someone might nick it.
    • If I leave it in my jacket I might miss an important call/text/email as I won’t feel it vibrate.
    • If I’m sitting having a coffee on my own then chances are I’ll be using it to read the news, see what’s happening here, etc.

Note: none of these decisions are based on trying to show off (What is there to show off, they are not exactly exclusive). I’d do the same thing with a droid, Nokia or “other brand” smartphone.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Because we have no need to be embarrassed by our phone.

stumpy01

I’ve always had a habit of getting my phone out of my pocket when I sit down or else it digs in….

Used to do it with ‘normal’ phones and now do it with my Desire.

I do wonder every now and again whether people think I am only getting it out of my pocket to show off, but seeing as it’s stuck in a bright red phone sock all the time it hardly looks like cutting edge technology!

trail_rat
    Free Member

new iphone user – but i used to do exactly as you describe with my other phones …..

last phone i didnt feel the need to take out my pocket when i sat down was the 8310 in about 1972 – as it was so small …

big phone – jeans that are not super baggy = comfier on the table

davidrussell
    Free Member

whats the difference between a clitoris and an i-phone?

Nothing, every c**t has one..

Incidentally, do you also question people with nice cars that dont put them in their garages at night?

miketually
    Free Member

I like my small phone that sits discretely in my pocket 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Incidentally, do you also question people with nice cars that dont put them in their garages at night?

Why would anyone put their car in the garage? Shouldn’t the garage be full of bikes, old paint tins and useful stuff?

terrahawk
    Free Member

If I worked in a shop and someone said ‘can I get…?’ I’d tell them NO. You can’t ‘get’. I will get it for you. And stop talking in a phoney American accent that goes up a bit at the end of every sentence.
    And **** off with that manbag.

You stay where you are. I will get it. Then charge you double for it.

FFS.

Gets right on my tits.

DrJ

I take my iPhone out of my pocket so it doesn’t constrict my enormous penis.

miketually
    Free Member

And if they say “can you get”, the answer is “yes, I can”. But you don’t have to actually get them it, because they haven’t asked you to.

flamejob
    Free Member

+1 @ terrahawk

“… go on then, you get that cinnamon bagel”

poppa
    Free Member

That’s not a good comparison. How about:

Incidentally, do you also question people with nice cars that keep them in their garages most of the time, but take them out onto the drive whenever lots of people are nearby to see it?

😉

davidrussell
    Free Member

I take my iPhone out of my pocket so it doesn’t constrict my enormous penis.

Quite, I think the sex offenders register would beckon if you placed your dong on the table to make room for your iphone…. 😯

Harry_the_Spider

People with nice cars leave them on display in disabled bays near the supermarket door. Either that or everyone with a limp round our way happens to drive a Merc.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

What’s an iphone?

brant
    Free Member

Oy, McHugh – saw this and thought of you – http://tvs-worst-adverts.co.uk/giovanni-rana-tim-lovejoy-sophia/

Harry_the_Spider

Oy, McHugh

SHHH! Don’t give away my true identity! 😯

Frankenstein
    Free Member

My trousers are too tight to have a phone in my pocket when I sit down 😆

iphone? to me its my portable computer and a phone second and my new bike computer.

If it wasn’t for facetime/video chat and family all over the world I wouldn’t have got it. And it has saved me money paying for international calls -£50 a month. Great to see everyone when we chat.

All the extra functions of email, apps and other toys are a bonus and it does it better than my old phone with its interface which is great.

Been using as a tv when at my desk so I can free up my laptop and desk screens. I bet the guy in the office isn’t doing any work either lol.

iphone is a great toy. If you have family or friends abroad then a face forwarding cam really helps to keep in touch.

If you want a phone for normal calls/text -then buy a pay as you go nokia.

Oh and itunes – not so fond of that and in the sticks it has a weaker signal than my old phone but that phone was the best reception I have had in 8 years.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I-phone users.’ is closed to new replies.