Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I phone & Strava Problem
  • footstomper
    Free Member

I am hoping someone can give me some help with a problem I am encountering? When uploading after a ride it is showing in Striaght lines way of the actual course I rode, it has even had me cycling across a reservoir 😕 it does not show any segments either but this is probably due to being so far of the true ride.
    Has anyone else encountered this on an I phone and did you manage to solve the problem?

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The problem is a bad GPS signal/receiver and making guesses between points it finds mostly. Solution – try something from Garmin

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Where are you carrying your phone? The iPhone is capable of tracking just fine despite what many Garmin owners will tell you, but it needs a decent view of the sky. At the top of a backpack / Camelbak or in the back pocket of a jersey works well.

Dibbs
    Free Member

try something from Garmin

+1

GrahamS

Where are you carrying your phone? The iPhone is capable of tracking just fine despite what many Garmin owners will tell you, but it needs a decent view of the sky

This.

Handlebar mount gives me a “Garmin quality” trace*. Sticking it in your back pocket and trying to see the satellites through your arse won’t.

* (except elevation, as the phone obviously doesn’t have a proper barometric altimeter)

footstomper
    Free Member

Where are you carrying your phone? The iPhone is capable of tracking just fine despite what many Garmin owners will tell you, but it needs a decent view of the sky. At the top of a backpack / Camelbak or in the back pocket of a jersey works well.

Been using it in my Jersey back pocket for over 12 months with no issue, had an Android previously and this worked fine also in the rear pocket.

Handlebar mount gives me a “Garmin quality” trace*. Sticking it in your back pocket and trying to see the satellites through your arse won’t.

Have been thinking of trying this but not sure if the reception will keep stable when going down rough technical terrain 😕

I am sure it is a phone issue just not sure what, I was hoping someone had the same problem and found a solution.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I phone & Strava Problem’ is closed to new replies.