Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • i phone help …..again please
  • will1
    Free Member

The instruction book is crap! How do I save one of my down loaded songs as my ringtone? Thanks in advance.

Sandwich

Bad news you can't easily. If you are a Mac owner it can be done easily but for PC's I have no idea. On a Mac you use a sound editor to snip the section required and save it as m4r file type. This then goes in the ringtones folder of iTunes music folder and gets synched across.

sparkerfix

You have to chop it up in I tunes and resave as an .m4r file.

http://www.tuneclone.com/how-to-free-custom-ringtones-for-iphone-3g.php

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    will1
    Free Member

mmmm that all sounds above my technical levels!! Is there an easy way to get a decent tune as a ringtone instead of the crap that they provide?

CountZero

You don't. You have to get the tune into Garageband and edit it to a 30 second segment. It's possible to edit in iTunes as well, but you can't do that with a paid-for download. Unless you rip to a cd then re-import with a different name, then you can edit down and save it. I've got instructions somewhere, I'll try to find them.
    What instruction book, BTW?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Do a search on YouTube, there are plenty of how to's on there. It is pretty straight forward especially when you have someone showing you.

will1
    Free Member

Count
    Thanks for that, it would be a great help. The booklet that came with the phone as rubbish.

CountZero

http://theappleblog.com/2008/08/07/free-custom-iphone-ringtones-using-only-itunes/
    Here you go. It's not difficult, although I haven't done it with mine yet. Can't be arsed, basically.
    The reason there's no handbook is because the iPhone is intuitive enough for most people to use straight out the box without an instruction manual. You can get iPhone: The Missing Manual off the app store, which you might find handy, but
    you'll likely find most info through Google. Apple don't allow downloaded free ringtones except for what's available through the app store, but, like with DRM on the original iTunes songs, they don't stop you from finding ways around it.

Alphabet

I've followed the instructions on the link provided by CountZero with no problems. It's pretty easy.

will1
    Free Member

Thanks Count.

Notter
    Free Member

As above for the ringtone but as regards the manual the printed thing is just to get you going. In your Bookmarks in Safari there should be a link for "iPhone User Guide", this is the proper manual so to speak.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘i phone help …..again please’ is closed to new replies.