Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I-Phone assistance please
  • ultracoach
    Free Member

I have a 4….partner has 3gs. Our phones are synced with our respective laptops.
    We want to swap phones over….
    What would be the sequence of backing up. restoring, etc and making sure contacts, calendars etc are swapped and synced, sim cards etc.
    Tried to work it out but getting confused!!!
    Many thanx in advance…..

razor1548
    Free Member

The best way to maintain your Iphone and prevent future loss of data can be found in this link. Some people worry about the intrusive nature of this method, but I can assure you that you will no longer have to worry about data loss or poor performance from your Iphone once you have used this tool! 🙂

Iphone Fix tool

STATO
    Free Member

Firstly, id reccomend not storing anything on the phone, but thats probably too late. I sync everything via gmail, so all my contacts and calendars are on gmail (and also copied onto my laptop incase gmail account gets hacked). That way i could wip my phone tomorrow and all ill lose is my saved high scores in games. If you have bought apps then making sure they are backed up on the laptop is a must, but again they should be registered to your account so i think (would need to check) you should be able to download them again once you have swapped phones. I dont think there is a way to just ‘port’ everything from one phone to another, but someone might be able to suggest otherwise.

Cougar

When my OH replaced her iPhone, it was just a case of plugging it in and going ‘yes’.

I suspect that if you both synced with your laptops, wiped the handsets, swapped, and synced again, it’d just work. Take backups beforehand.

I’m not very Apple-y, though, so you might want a second opinion.

GrahamS

I think it should just be:

Use iTunes.
    Do a Backup of each phone.
    Plug in Phone A, select “Restore from Backup” and select Phone B’s backup file.
    Plug in Phone B, select “Restore from Backup” and select Phone A’s backup file.
    Done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I-Phone assistance please’ is closed to new replies.