Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • i Phone and app update charges
  • growinglad
    Free Member

Sorry….complete iphone Luddite question….

I noticed that I had loads of app updates waiting to be downloaded and installed. So I thought okay, might as well.

Anyways I notice after a couple of days I have a charge of 1.98 from itunes…but I wasn’t actually buying any new app’s. Just updating the ones I already had.

So, is it possible to find out which app has charged for the update…and how in the future can I stop installing any updates which I’m going to be charged for.

Cheers,
    GL.

zilog6128

All app updates are free. It’s not possible to be charged for one so there must be something else going on.

If you bought an app/song/etc or paid for an In App Purchase this would be itemised on the bill so you could identify what it is. Having said that, £1.98 is an odd amount, normally it would be £1.99, etc

A quick google revealed a thread where some guy had 1.98 Euros on his bill, which was actually something to do with credit card authorisation and not an actual charge. Have you recently set up the account or put a new card on it?

growinglad
    Free Member

A quick google revealed a thread where some guy had 1.98 Euros on his bill, which was actually something to do with credit card authorisation and not an actual charge. Have you recently set up the account or put a new card on it?

Cheeky Barstewards….top man!!

Yep, for some stupid reason my itunes account keeps reverting back to Greece where I set up itunes, but I’m now in Switzerland, a couple of times I’ve had to move it back to Switzerland and re-enter card details.

I had to do it the other day…plus I seem to remember I had something similar a few months back….it seem to remember I saw similar amount but didn’t pay it much attention.

no wonder apple make so much money….think I’ll be contact support about that!

Thanks very much for the info.

zilog6128

no problem.

This is from the Apple website:

You might see such authorization requests on your online statement. These requests are not actual charges; they are tests to confirm that your payment card account is active and has available funds to accommodate transactions. Authorization holds are removed by your financial institution shortly after your purchase clears. The amount of time it takes to remove authorization requests varies by financial institution.

So I’d probably wait until you get the credit card statement before kicking up a fuss because the amount should be cancelled before it actually gets charged!

growinglad
    Free Member

Thanks, I’m due a bill soonish so will keep my eyes peeled.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘i Phone and app update charges’ is closed to new replies.