• This topic has 24 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • I only went and did a…
  • Euro
    Free Member

…Strava. I’ve resisted for so long but i’ve always wondered how high it was to the top of the local forest from my house and thought strava might be the answer. It was. This photo was taken 6.2 miles and 976ft away from my house.

Among all the data i found on my ride home my max Speed 54.6mi/h. I’ve no idea how accurate that is, and as i’ve never recorded my speed before, i think that’s the fastest i’ve ever been on a bicycle 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

My brothers mate managed 62 mph the other day, with an ipad in a rucksack taking care of recording the speed.

I once did 182 mph on the flat.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Garden could do with a weed.

scotroutes

It seems to have a quite a few already

tang
    Free Member

6.2 miles and 976ft away from my house.

Big garden!

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

I’ve no idea how accurate that is

I do 🙂

fasthaggis

Don’t do Strava,your bike will get nicked 😉

I can only do over 50mph on my road bike.
    Must try harder 😳

andytherocketeer

I managed 327km/h but it was MapMyRide. Pretty sure it must be pretty accurate 😉

wwaswas

Don’t do Strava,your bike will get nicked

It’s ok – he geo-tagged the photo and we know it’s 6.2miles from his house 😉

Euro
    Free Member

No weeds* just a few yards into the forest. No flies either. Perfect spot for lunch before hitting the trails. (* and i brought my own weed 😉 )

Looking at the climbing data (where i came very near the bottom on all segments) i see there are some extremely fit cyclists about.

p.s. To any would-be burglars, my house is <<<<< way

rOcKeTdOg

Is that a 26″ wheeled bicycle? 😯

jock-muttley

Is that a 26″ wheeled bicycle?

STONE THE LUDDITE! 😛

ian martin
    Free Member

Nice bike but it looks like it was built with one way in mind in it was not up.
    Maybe try a carbon rigid single speed and then you’ll get nearer the top.;)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

What are these 26″ wheeled bicycles you speak of? 😐

fathomer

Old Skool!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

STONE THE LUDDITE!

– sounds like he took care of that himself

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Am I the only one that expected:

I only went and did a…
    16 posts & 15 voices | Started 1 hour ago by Euro

“…little sex-wee.”

?

wilko1999
    Free Member

I thought it was going to be ‘…wheelie in a trail centre car park’ for some reason

oxym0r0n

Did my second strava last night: 3 2nd places in the dark on a rigid ss 😀

cr500dom
    Free Member

The only Strava segment top 10`s I’ve ever placed on are all down hills on road….
    bo11ox bigger than thighs still sadly (Metaphorically speaking) 😳

wukfit
    Free Member

Have had a road bike for a week now, and got my first KOM this morning
    needed a slight detour on my commute to work, but it was worth it

mangatank
    Free Member

I thought it was going to be ‘…wheelie in a trail centre car park’ for some reason

Hah! I thought that too for some reason.

So disappointing 😥

maxtorque

Wheelie? sooo last year that. You need to be able to flatland manual off the trail, through the car park, directly into the cafe/gift shop, buy (without stopping/getting off) a “my other cars a mountain bike” bumper sticker, and manual back across the car park to your Audi/T5 to get cool points these days…

bartimaeus
    Free Member

I saw one Strava ride at an average speed of 52,613 kph… round Budapest via the Gulf of Guinea (hmm Lat 0 Long 0), so 11,209.5 in total for the ride. That rider was well ahead in the ‘May Massive’.

EDIT… can’t find that one now, but I see the ‘winner’ of that little contest did 11 rides for a total of 94,791.8 km that month.

Euro
    Free Member

Yeah, good old fashion normal wheels for the time being. Never been sold on exploding wheels and if the trail became even more alive, i don’t think i could cope.

So my Strava speed may not accurate then? According to my usual speed measuring equipment (watery eye displacement) it was way over 35, then looking at the map, i rode off a quarry face half way down the hill and jumped out the other side. It was a bit of a teary blur, but i really don’t recall that bit 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘I only went and did a…’ is closed to new replies.