Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • i no longer have 160mm travel on my Lyrik…..
  • alpin
    Free Member

my fork seems to be losing travel…..

about 8 months after purchase i sent it back to be fiddled as the fork wouldn't 2-step down to 115mm, but 130mm, them 140mm until there wasn't any 2-stepping going on at all.

now the fork seems to be playing up again.

when extended it sits at ~140mm and 2-steps to ~100mm. i'm not sure if the problem is likely to get worse. the problem being is that it takes 3-4 weeks turn-around here in Germany when sending something to RS and i start my guiding job next month.

has any body had this problem before?

what did it cost to fix?

cheers

J

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Phone RS?

I'm sure if you said you began guiding next month they would either……

a) Find some small pring that says theyr not covered for comerical use.

b) Sort them out in a hurry based on not wanting to have ~10+ of your clients a week being told that RS are crap.

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

Buy a £50 u-TURN spring and fit that, if you can get a second hand one all the better.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chunkypaul
    Free Member

has any body had this problem before?

yes, my 2-steps did this – its a very common problem, sorted via rockshox under warranty

alpin
    Free Member

as said, mine's been sent back once before. they've replaced one dodgy part for another……

off to the bike shop tomorrow.

auricgoldfinger

Thought they'd fixed this. Happen to mine 2 years ago around when the 2 step came out. Mine went back once, twice, then it was condemned. Replaced under warranty with a new one which I promptly sold. If you're guiding would've thought you're better of with something more reliable – get the coil or solo air?

genesis
    Free Member

put a Fox fork on it.

alpin
    Free Member

that's what i was thinking, genesis….

what is the average asking price for a fox talas 36? what is my (lightly scratched stanchion, but lovingly repaired) 2-step worth?

how much weight does the coil add?

but, i quite like the 2-step function…. it's very handy.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I would just fit a u-turn spring, doesn't add much weight and leaves you with a great feeling, easily servicable, reliable fork. I much prefer mine to talas. A friend of mine switched to coil u-turn and has been very pleased with the change.

On a smooth climb they are easy to wind down, I haven't tried to increase travel whilst moving though. Depending on your weight I may have a spring I could sell you.

accu
    Free Member

+1 for the u-turn spring….
    solves all the (future..?) problems and works perfect…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘i no longer have 160mm travel on my Lyrik…..’ is closed to new replies.