Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • I never had badges like this when I was a kid :-(
  • redthunder
    Free Member

I want now…

I think the bike is a kona ?

Bunnyhop

Oh I read it as badgers 😳

wwaswas

at least it’s a singlespeed.

kimbers

nope its definately a GT look at the seat-stay/tube junction

jools182
    Free Member

his helmet looks odd

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Why’s he got a haggis in his bottle cage?

soma_rich
    Free Member

nope its definately a GT look at the seat-stay/tube junction

Could be a Saracen 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

When I were a lad, amongst other badges, I had my backwoodsman badge and pioneer badge.

It was assumed that you could ride a **** bike, but not necessarily, that you could survive on your own in the wilderness. Kids today eh ?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

When I were a lad, amongst other badges, I had my backwoodsman badge and pioneer badge.

I earned a backdoorsman badge too! That was perhaps the most difficult badge, but the scoutmaster seemed very enthusiastic and was very keen to help. I’m still very grateful to him for that.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Well done Charlie. I got my version of the badge on a jamboree with the brownies. Thank you Brown Owl.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I got mine living in the wilderness…………my scout leader was old school.

Gawd bless you Skip.

racefaceec90

have a look here spoof scout badges 😉

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMCTD is a Guide leader….they now have a chocolate badge, in 1908 they had an aircraft maintenance badge.

Explain the emancipation of women again for me?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Awesome

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

in 1908 they had an aircraft maintenance badge.

😕 I’m surprised the scouts found any aircraft which needed maintenance in 1908 :

The first powered flight in Britain was made on 16 October 1908 by American Sam Cody

What were maintaining…….hot air balloons ?

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe it was 1918 – I get my dates muddled as I am SO interested in hearing about the Guides……

muddydwarf
    Free Member

When i was a scout i was SERIOUSLY interested in hearing about the guides… 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

MrsMCTD is a Guide leader….they now have a chocolate badge, in 1908 they had an aircraft maintenance badge.

They should combine the two and do a “choclate wings” badge.

kaesae
    Free Member

I don’t believe any of you were allowed into the scouts, if any of you know your pledge/oath, then lets here it?

kaesae
    Free Member

Anyway! kids now adays aren’t that bad off, they’ve got the muggers club innit ❓

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Upon my honour, i promise to do my duty, to God and to the Queen and to keep the Scout Law. 😛

brakes
    Free Member

looks like a 69er to me

mudshark
    Free Member

Coolest badge I got was Master at Arms.

user-removed
    Free Member

Right – this is a bit sad, but I’ve just gone and dug out, and photographed my old Cubs jumper – my folks found it when they moved house five or so years ago, and took great delight in presenting me with it, along with the benefit of their witty comments…

As you can see, I was a sixer, so don’t take the p1ss or I’ll make you run round the hall five times.

MikeG

I thought it was Upon my honour, i promise to do my duty to God and to the Queen, to help other people and to keep the Scout Law.

I think my mum has still got my scout uniform in the wardrobe in my old bedroom.
    EDIT: I’m 37 so thats been there for 20+ years

brakes
    Free Member

theatre, painting, badminton and 2 hobby horses?
    no sailor badges there big boy?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m almost 44 so it was 30 years ago!

P.S. i made it to the dizzy heights of Patrol Leader (Snipe Patrol, so, so wanted to be Eagle or Kestrel but i got the bloody wading bird!)

audiophile
    Free Member

Anyone get the Chief Scout Award? Rode across the Penines for mine ( on a road bike, sorry ), also got the Patrol Activity Award for which I got a fancy metal woggle. The badges certainly look better now, but they do have to suffer Bear Grylls as Chief Scout.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I did one that was a diamond pattern, can’t remember what it was called but it encompassed a lot of lesser badges i seem to remember…

dyna-ti

I’ve got a load of old scout badges sitting in a drawer 1950’s i think,been there for ages.Was meaning to chuck them on ebay[ 🙄 everything ends up on ebay]seems certain badges/awards can be worth hundreds of £££’s

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow I was patrol leader of Snipe just like dwarf. Snipes are cool very difficult to shoot at apparently 😯

pjt201
    Free Member

audiophile – Member
    Anyone get the Chief Scout Award? Rode across the Penines for mine ( on a road bike, sorry ), also got the Patrol Activity Award for which I got a fancy metal woggle. The badges certainly look better now, but they do have to suffer Bear Grylls as Chief Scout.

I got my Chief Scouts Challenge, got a fancy enameled belt buckle for that. Walked round the Isle of Wight to get it.

I think Bear Grylls is a good thing for the scouts, certainly better than an ex blue peter presenter. You might find him insufferable, but the kids are bound to love him.

noteeth
    Free Member

Tuesday Pack – we thought we were the SAS.

oldgit
    Free Member

‘we don’t need no stinking badges’

What films that from?…..honestly I can’t recall.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘I never had badges like this when I was a kid :-(’ is closed to new replies.