Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I need to repoint the garden wall
  • shermer75
    Free Member

and I’m thinking about doing it myself as I’m skint due to going back to university. Is this foolish? Any (ahem) pointers? I’m not super experienced at DIY! 🙂

somouk
    Free Member

You’ll be fine, get some pre-mixed mortar, clean up the current stuff with a wire brush and put the new mortar in.

slackalice
    Free Member

You tube will be your friend here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

Plenty of guides online. Its not a hard job. If you get the timing right you can clean up any roughness easily. Basically get it neatish when its wet but dont’ over do it, let it dry a bit and neaten some more, again don’t over do it, then once its pretty much set you can give it a final rub (or scrape it all out and start again 😀 ). The most important thing is not to be overly fussy. It might look a little rough 6 inches from your face while doing it but once its done you’ll barely see any imperfections.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Don’t forget your Knee pads, I say don’t forget your KNEE-PADS you will thank me when you are older !

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks! Some great advice there. I’ll get stuck in!! 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Don’t use premix mortar it’s overpriced, don’t go over old stuff without raking/grinding out properly it’ll drop out first frost. The knee pad bit was good advice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I need to repoint the garden wall’ is closed to new replies.