Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I need to build a business website but…..
  • daftvader
    Free Member

I’m a complete computer numpty… I have seen in threads past people recommending WordPress, or other stuff which I didn’t really get, but for someone like me is it worth it? Or should I just man up and pay for go daddy? I will need a linked email too so how hard is this to achieve without using the providers?
    Please keep answers simple!
    Cheers

matt_outandabout

How important to your business is this website? Shop front or full shop?

If you are already saying it’s not your thing, you may need to stump the cash up. Equally, don’t get suckered into thousands of pounds for a four page shop front with contact info…

geoffj

depends what you need the site to do for you? Would a Facebook or linked in entry suffice?

cheers_drive

Don’t do Go Daddy. I used Squarespace for my business site. No programming skills but I do have a design background (not graphics) here

allthegear
    Free Member

Work out how much extra profit having a website will bring. Spend less than that.

Rachel

daftvader
    Free Member

I’m already on Facebook. It will be the primary source for showcasing and selling my knives. I won’t do the financial bit through the website but will need a multi page site with at the different bits I do, links to Facebook and probably twatter…

daftvader
    Free Member

Cheers drive, that’s kind of the thing I’m looking at….

geoffj

Mmm – sounds a bit like the yobokies site and he manages with a photo bucket site and email address – http://s161.photobucket.com/user/yobokies/library/?sort=3&page=1

I’d keep it simple and all on Facebook for now – phot galleries etc., are easy enough to do.

daftvader
    Free Member

I will need something like this…. Jacklore knives or Blok knives so keeping it on Facebook and a photo sharing site won’t do it for me…

craigxxl
    Free Member

Cheers Drive, I like that website, it’s clean and simple. I take it was a template type that you modify to your requirements.

dti

another vote for squarespace, not much more expensive than hosting,
    help and support also good – ours is http://www.caban.space

ctk
    Free Member

Instagram a good idea for a business like yours.

MrSite a good site builder for a simple website like you want. Its dead easy, even for a cpu numpty.

cheers_drive

@crsigxxl: I laid it out in indesign first then looked for a template I could adapt to get close. Wanted to do it that way so it didn’t look too generic and templated. I would recommend the OP does similar, lay it out in Word or PowerPoint then find a template to suit, that said going straight in with a template will be a vast improvement over a yobokies style site.

rascal
    Free Member

OP – we recently got a guy to build and host my wife’s business site here.

http://lemonybirdmakes.co.uk/
    She can update content easily – ecommerce too.

Could recommend him highly – cost nowhere what you might imagine either.
    Email me if you want more details…cheers

daftvader
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help… Will have a gander over the next week or so…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I need to build a business website but…..’ is closed to new replies.