Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I need to ask a favour, Shimano Bleed kit.
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Does anybody in the Sutton Coldfield/Lichfield/Tamworth area, have one of the shimano yellow funnel bleed kit I can borrow and some mineral oil I can use in exchange for a couple of beer tokens.

I lost a bit of fluid from one of my new Rose bikes Deore brakes when swapping the leavers over. The brake works well but I am having to pump it a bit.

TIA

bigyinn
    Free Member

I dont think that linked kit is any use for the latest models of Shimano discs.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Mackem
    Thanks for the link that looks like a good price. Only one problem.

bigyinn
    I think it will work the problem is I will still need one of the little yellow funnels and I can see them at a decent price and in stock.

I could still do with borrowing a funnel, I don’t think it would be wise to post one it would probably get crushed. Otherwise I would be offering to cover somebodys postage.

This is the funnel.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34710

DrP

If you can’t get the funnel, have you tried bleeding it ‘backwards’?

I.e. use a syringe to force fluid in at the caliper, and yes, it will pour out of the bleed hole on the lever, but with a rag/tissue around it, that won’t be a massive problem?

DrP

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Does this help?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5b8NM4jVU[/video]

I_Ache
    Free Member

Bleeding backwards was going to be my next question. I was thinking about starting a new thread about it.

I was thinking about doing it DrP style but that viseo has made me wonder if an avid syringe with the pipe and the screw will fit in a shimano leaver.

cp

i ache – just use another syringe as a replacement for the yellow funnel.

Pets at home have them if you have one locally.

cp

if the avid syringe has had DOT brake fluid in it, DONT use it!!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I clean them out after using them so it should be fine.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sod it I bit the bullet if I cock it I will just have to use my other bike for next weekends ride.

Just hope I get it in time to be able to go for a test ride before getting stuck in the Peak with no rear brake.

DrP

Steve – that’s a pretty crafty alternative there! However, when in stock the real deal is only 4 quid, and has the little plug to prevent the oil going everywhere!

DrP

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m hoping that the little syringes that you get with kids medicine will do the job, I will be able to leave it open then like in the vid.

Although if anybody in the area has the real thing I would prefer to borrow that.

muddodger
    Free Member

I always ‘backward’ bleed mine now, works a treat every time

mrplow
    Free Member

Just put your thumb over the top of the open syringe when you remove it and no oil goes anywhere. Simples

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I need to ask a favour, Shimano Bleed kit.’ is closed to new replies.