• This topic has 34 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by paulx.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • I need the assistance of men with big feet . . .
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

I have to buy socks for someone with sized 12(and a bit) feet . . . all socks i seemed to find only go up to size 11. Where do you get your socks??

I am looking for some good quality socks with some jazzy type pattern preferably.

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m size 12. Size 11 socks are fine.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Socks are stretchy and adjustablewench is a happy girl 😆

lunge

I too am a size 12 and just wear “normal” socks to size 11/46.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im size 12+ and I hate size 11 socks!

I buy Karrimor socks from field & trek.
    They do heavyweight boot socks in size 12+
    However, they only last about a year, and they do tend to leave a lot of fluff on your feet for the first half dozen washes.

nemesis
    Free Member

Oh and Cordings socks are great – I’d never buy them for myself but they’re a bit of a family joke Xmas present now and I always like getting them…

http://www.cordings.co.uk/menswear/accessories/socks

ElShalimo

Size 11.5 here and just to be awkward I’d say it depends on what the socks are for.
    If they’re for going to shops then a pair of regular M&S socks might stretch enough. If they are for fell walking, skiing etc then brands like Smartwool, Icebreaker, Teko, Brasher, Bridgdale etc do size XL which are probably what you need.

Stoner
    Free Member

Id stay clear of Bridgedale these days. They changed their weave construction sometime last year and now the socks fall down after a few minutes. Only this morning, I took a fresh pack out of the sock drawer that Id left in there (I’d run out of my Karrimors). I put them on, and by half way on the walk to school they had balled up around my instep. Bloody annoying. Got home, binned them.

This thread reminded me I need to buy some more karrimors, so am on F&T site now.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

They are for wearing under office shoes, and as the wearer spends 50% of his time in Dubai i think fine natural fibre ones would be best. i see that knitted fabrics are stretchy – but there is a limit to their stretch surely? I just want to get him some nice ones that fit properly 🙂

Hammy – it’s my Daughter’s boyfriend so i guess she must be the lucky girl!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Is she smiling? 😉
    Is this the time to ask if you’re single? 8)

rocketman
    Free Member

Erm yeah size 46/47 have never particularly analysed sock fitment tbh just get whichever ones you like that aren’t in the girly little feet category 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

if i’m every in need of an emergency +one Hammy i’ll let you know 😉

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m size 14 and size 11 socks are fine they stretch.

Stoner
    Free Member

everything fits you with enough will power eh rich?

Clobber
    Free Member

type Ulvang into ebay and all your sock worries will be over..

(tip from someone on here…)

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers clobber. Will try them out at that price.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Stoner I would never wear socks and sandles!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

do they do thin socks or just the walking type socks?

Stoner
    Free Member

there are two ulvang products on eBay. One “Walking” merino, and one “thin everyday” sock. The latter would probably suit a chap in the M.E.

Sandwich

M&S socks go up to a 12 allegedly. My son-in-law has size 14 feet, bespoke shoes at great expense are required. Any ideas on socks for these monster flippers, other than carrier bags at 5p a go?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just buy laydeez opaque tights, pull them on and cut to fit (once you’ve dealt with the erection).

Clobber
    Free Member

there are two ulvang products on eBay. One “Walking” merino, and one “thin everyday” sock. The latter would probably suit a chap in the M.E.

True but it also says the walking ones he’s got left in the big size are thinner ones.

danti

I’d recommend 100% cotton for hotter climates as they keep your feet “fresher”.

If you search Cotton 100 on eBay there’s plenty of choice there.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

was hoping to get some patterned ones – as he likes that sort of thing. M&S do either plain of cartoon type stuff.

nemesis
    Free Member

See my Cordings link then

1-shed
    Free Member

Fill yer boots https://www.pantherella.com/ not cheap but class.

Pigface
    Free Member

Just buy laydeez opaque tights, pull them on and cut to fit (once you’ve dealt with the erection).

Strangest ………..

Stoner
    Free Member

Lucky adjustablewenchette, he’s a keeper.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

That’s jusr reminded me – my Bridgedale sock have disappeared since bint jaws moved out. Not happy.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Bint jaws!? The mind boggles – did your ex look like the bond villain in drag?

trademark
    Free Member

I’m a size 13 and wear the biggest that George in Asda sell, packs of 5 for £8.
    Thin and airy, they keep my feet cool.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

It’s more for a Christmas present type thing, I’ve had a look at the cordings and pantherella – they seem more like it

PJM1974
    Free Member

A teeny size eleven here, but I have narrow heels and freakishly wide feet.

I’d love to advise on sock choices, but new ones seem to appear in my drawer and old ones seem to vanish. I’ve no idea how or why, but I believe it’s best not to delve too deeply into this mystery.

paulx
    Free Member

I’ve got some of these: http://www.corgihosiery.co.uk/shop/socks-men/80-4519-lightweight-cotton-socks/

but check out the other groovy socks they do.

Size XL in these is the way to go.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘I need the assistance of men with big feet . . .’ is closed to new replies.