Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I need of an Inn
  • toby1

So it’s my 40th in Jan, ideally I want a weekend away in a place with 10 or so rooms, decent food (not posh, but good grub), decent beer, I’m a beer snob, and open fires and somewhere to walk during the day.

I’m Cambridge based, others are Hertfordshire and Mum is Dorset based, so anywhere that’s not too far from any of these 3 locations would be ideal.

I need suggestions from the hive mind though, I could spend hours looking, but I suspect someone on here already knows what I’m looking for 🙂

toby1

Bump for the dayshift, also the title should have read “In need …”

allfankledup

I would suggest Coniston – some nice accomodation, decent food, micro breweries – good walking.
    You’ll need to move house though to make it more local – sorry 😉

toby1

Thanks! I just need it to be a bit, no a lot more southern than that!

eskimonumber1

The Red Lion in Cricklade:

http://www.theredlioncricklade.co.uk/

In the Cotswolds for good walking, they have a micro brewery with excellent beers on site and rooms to stay over too (not sure how many rooms they have but plenty of places close by.)

IHN

/\ is an excellent suggestion

toby1

Ooh, and the White Hart up the road for additional rooms if needed, that looks good cheers chaps, any others?

Daffy

This place is excellent and pretty central to the three of you:

The Old House at Home near Castle Comb

They sell many of the beers from the local Castle Comb Brewery, have holiday cottages and do great food. You’re close to Bath and Bristol, and could even bring your bike.

petec
    Free Member

now here is nice – great food, decent beer (and loads of other pubs nearby), enough bedrooms. Maybe a bit pricey… Lovely walks, lovely cycling from the doorstep

toby1

I knew you guys would have some good suggestions – cheers, getting numbers sorted at the moment so will keep these all noted!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I need of an Inn’ is closed to new replies.