Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I need bush turning, any machine techs in?
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Can anyone help? I need a one-off (ok, two) custom bushings. I’ve tried all the obvious web sites etc. Local shops ‘don’t have the time’ and don’t really ‘get it’ tbh 👿

Also tried a couple of UK mtb related companies….time thing again 🙁

So, anyone what to earn some quality beer tokens for 15/20 mins lathe time? I could easily DIY (was an engineer way back), but no lathe.

Cheers

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I find trying your local machine shop in person with the part often works. Once they realise it’s a quick job they might even fit you in whilst they wait.

xiphon
    Free Member

Contact ‘bren2709’ on SouthernDownhill.com, he seems to be able to sort stuff.
    http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,250076.msg1970055.html#msg1970055

If to need any custom hardware made up give me a shout mate.
    Well if you require anything made that is.
    Can also sort shock mounts on the rear arm if you were to send it up.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Thanks for that xiphon, will try him.

tuckerUK, i hear you..but tried it and the ones I visited wit frame and parts found the whole thing …well..amusing….’a push bike’?

Say no more.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

…just reporting back, the guy did an awesome job. Exactly to spec and finished really well.

Top geezer, patience in extremis with me going on hols without letting him know….bad form I agree.

Will defo be using his machining skills again.

totalshell

my father machines parts up for my motorcycles in no time if anyones in windermere and needs stuff doing he’s usually about works form measurements or ‘be spoke to fit’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I need bush turning, any machine techs in?’ is closed to new replies.