Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • I need another group ride !
  • knottie8
    Free Member

I need another STW group ride to look forward to ! Not to far from sunny Somerset if poss . Someone must be up for sorting one ? Last saturdays was ace http://paul-knott.fotopic.net/c1687852.html.

rOcKeTdOg

+1

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll sort one.

My recovery ride, i’ll lead the super slow group…location anywhere.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    snaps
    Free Member

I’m more than happy to arrange a 20ish miler East of Barnstaple in North Devon.

Epic
    Free Member

A long way from Somerset, but you could come camping up here and do our Ludlow/Mortimer Forest/Bringewood ride on Sunday 17th May? Promise it will be a good one 🙂

null

Nice local pubs too 😉

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Bit of Exmoor perhaps?

Epic
    Free Member
    Epic
    Free Member
    IHN

Once I return from Scotland (going next week) I shall post up a Cotswolds one, you can all be the guests of Da Cotswold Massiv. Look out for something late May.

grumm
    Free Member

There’s a Howgills one being planned on another thread. Bit of a trek from Somerset though!

mboy
    Free Member

I need another STW group ride to look forward to ! Not to far from sunny Somerset if poss .

Withdrawl symptoms Knottie? 😉

I know a couple of routes in the Forest of Dean, but I also know a couple of guys off here that know quite a few more than I do that would probably be up for guiding sometime…

Philby

Damn good idea! Really enjoyed the STW Quantocks ride.

Cotswolds or the Forest of Dean both sound good options!

Gilles

What about riding around near Westbury, near the White Horse? Join my group of one people, me. They are all friendly but speak with a dodgy accent. cheers.

Rex
    Free Member

FoD sounds good to me…I was there a couple of months ago, without a bike, and the trails looked tempting.

cinnamon_girl

Seconded Knottie! Life’s been dull since 🙁

Gilles – I would definitely be interested in a Wiltshire ride. Please ignore any rumours of my crashing and bad language 😳

Please keep me posted.

IHN

A really big group in the FoD could be a PITA.

Keep your eyes peeled, I may do something Cotsowldey on the 30/31st May.

Bedds
    Free Member

I’d be up for a FOD ride.. I live there! but would be also good to meet some fellow STers..

Can’t do the 17th May though so could I put a request in that it’s not then?! 🙂

Anna-B
    Free Member

I love these group rides, but I get so sad when they’re over 🙁 The blues set in on Saturday when the last of the group riders left the carpark at Poole…. ‘Spose that’s Knottie’s point really; maybe we are all becoming group ride junkies…. need more, more often.

azarat
    Free Member

Spongingmachine/snaps – either of you up for a ride this weekend? Local or Exmoor, part or all day.

XC_PK
    Free Member

Gilles – Im not too far away so if you could keep me in the loop too that would be cool.

knottie8
    Free Member

Anna
    I really didnt want saturdays ride to end , it wasnt just the riding but the company was great too(and the short cake). Maybe a 3rd massive group ride is pushing our luck ? Anyway someone sort a group ride soon but im only doing it if the usual mob do too !

RichPenny
    Free Member

What you doing Monday Knottie, Quantocks 😉

saladdodger
    Free Member

Mr K the FOD is superb I did a ride there with a guy off this forum called Pete (who rides a s/s Moots Ti) it was briliant Rocketdog did a superb job of riding at the rear

well worth a trip

I will be on the next group ride

mboy
    Free Member

A really big group in the FoD could be a PITA.

Keep your eyes peeled, I may do something Cotsowldey on the 30/31st May.

Group wasn’t enormous for the Purbecks ride IHN, maybe 15 for the slower group… Probably 7 or 8 on the faster ride I think.

15-20 is managable I think, much more though and I’d agree it becomes difficult.

Between yourself, sheldona, the swede, myself (and possibly a couple of others) we’d be able to keep a group of a reasonable size in check surely? Somebody leads, one or 2 in the middle, and one of us following up at the back…?

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll be for summink sumwhere sumday

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m going out for my non-group evening Quantocks ride in a minute 😀

aleigh
    Free Member

Anyway someone sort a group ride soon but im only doing it if the usual mob do too !

I shall try my best to come along, child depending and all that 😆

Anna-B
    Free Member

im only doing it if the usual mob do too !

I know what you mean, I feel like I’ve really fallen on my feet with all these lovely new riding folk I’ve met. Just this niggling fear that people only invite me now for the shortbread….. I’ll have to bring digestives (non choc) one time and see if I’m still invited next time.

aleigh
    Free Member

I’ll still invite you out for bike rides Anna cos you are my friend! 😀

oldfart

Can i suggest a route ? Park in Minehead , out to Dunster , up across Wooton Common to Wooton Courtney .Then Dunster Path to Webbers Post and on to Stoke Pero .Superb downhill through Horner Woods following Horner Water .Eats at the gardens in Horner.Into Porlock ,Allerford up to Selworhty Beacon and fandabedozee wooded downhill with the Bristol Channel on your left down North Hill back to Minehead for fish and chips on the beach.Quite a few of you won’t have a clue but hopefully it sounds good?What do you lot reckon to that ? Guess i could lead it if you don’t mind my knitting pace .Couple of conditions though .Usual suspects MUST attend and anyone else welcome.(Anna i’m missing your shortbread!!Aleigh i’m missing you holding my hand!C.G promise there won’t be any boat trips!!!!)Big problem for me as you know is having or getting Saturday off .Sunday would be a lot easier.

sharki
    Free Member

Dibbs do enjoy yourself won’t you…go BLITZ those trails…….

oldfart

BTW Anna it’s not just the shortbread believe me !!

sharki
    Free Member

Durty oldfart 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

Dibbs do enjoy yourself won’t you…go BLITZ those trails…….

Now I’ve got to find something to clear my head you **** 😛

aleigh
    Free Member

OF – It would be my pleasure to hold your hand again 🙂

I don’t mind where we go as it’ll be fun.

sharki
    Free Member

lolz at Dibbs.

and who will hold mine aleigh?

aleigh
    Free Member

Hold yours? Well I have two so I can hold the other one…..just means you two will have to prop me up so I can ride my bike! 😀

saladdodger
    Free Member

oldfart

thats a nice route there

Anna-B
    Free Member

all these lovely new riding folk

If I may just quote myself. Was just wanting to say that’s it’s all cos of Aleigh as well, so thank you Aleigh! 8)
    Sniff am getting a bit teary now. Or is that the leeks cookin.

oldfart

S.D. glad you like it .Sharki i responded to your request for a recovery ride .Any chance of doing it while you are half armless might be able to keep up with you then !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘I need another group ride !’ is closed to new replies.