Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • I NEED a saddle bag for my road bike – YES I DO!
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Not a fan of putting stuff in pockets etc so WANT AND NEED a bag! I would like it to be big enough for a tube or 2, 2 co2 canisters and inflater, tyre levers, repair kit, multi tool, phone and money. Ideally looking at the Lezyne L caddy as i like organisation!!

Anything similar?

bigG
    Free Member

I use a tiny lezyne pack on my road bike, it holds multitool, tyre levers, patches, spare quick link and two spare tubes. CO2 inflator and spare canister go in pocket.

Don’t be put off by the cycling snobs about using a pack. We had over 40 riders out today on our club rides. 99% had a seat pack, for good reason…

DougD

Avoid the Specialized Wedgie. I’ve got one and it’s garbage, don’t know why I still put up with it.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

One that clips to the saddle works best for me. No faff. Got a Fizik saddle? They do decent ones that clip directly to the bottom of the saddle. Alternatively topeak do a nice one with a clip that fixes to the rails. Available in loads of sizes.

stufive
    Free Member

I use a Topek type wedge shape thing, i think there a total must for a spare tube multi tool and a tyre leaver, i keep my pump in a jersey pocket, i don’t understand people that wont have them? how do they get home if they have a puncture?

Pieface

Another vote to avoid the specialized wedgie. It looks like it should be really good but the straps are in the wrong place and it flops about.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Topeak medium for me. Has a solid plastic bar , which mounts it to the rails and a velcro strap. Stops the bag from swinging around like a pair of donkeys nuts. ‘Just’ enough room for the stuff you mention. On my other bike, i have a Decathlon bag for 6 quid, which is pretty good quality, but not as spacious.

Pieface

The side pockets look useless – they’re small and will get squeezed by the contents of the main compartment. Ok for some super-patches maybe or money / latex gloves

Kevevs
    Free Member

Topeak one for me too, manage to stuff all I need in there, it’s out the way, stays put and well made. Clips round saddle rails and velcro’s round seatpost. Got a strap to stick your light on and an inner mesh strap to hold some cake money.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Topeak for me as well.

Kevevs
    Free Member

that’s the fella^^

fubar
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s against some ‘rules’ but this works for me all day long – Camelbak Rogue (I remove the bladder and use the storage space)

orangeboy
    Free Member

I do use a Spesh wedgie but have the strap run through the little light loop on the back and its totally solid
    Not how it was Ment to fit but its been on the bike ages

eshershore
    Free Member

Specialized Mini-Wedgie on my road bike

can fit: road tube, 2 x tire levers, Park AWS-10 multi tool, mobile phone (Nokia 100), change (couple of £1 coins) and house keys in there..no problem! Have my pump mounted on the downtube, along with water bottle / cage

BristolPablo
    Free Member

topeak mini aero wedge, has a nice clip you bolt to the saddle rails rather than cheaper fabric straps, its easy to then clip it on/off as reqd. I can fit a small multitool, spare tube, two tyre levers and a park patch kit, a few quid in lose change and a garage key in mine….

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-aero-wedge-clip-on-mini-saddle-bag/

flap_jack
    Free Member

Didn’t get on with the Topeak, too wide and kept bashing my inner thighs.

Anyone else use a proper long pump ? Inflates a tyre faster than a canister. About 7 strokes to 100 psi. Everyone hates them for some reason.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Yep I still use a proper frame fit pump sooooooo much better

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah, I ran an old school frame pump I found in a charidee shop for a while, when I lost my mini pump. Never had to use it, but it did look cool!

tlr

What about those bottle cage canisters? Fits all you need and keeps the weight lower down which feels better, especially when out of the saddle. Waterproof too.

And won’t offend the fashionistas.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

uses up a bottle mount though

eshershore
    Free Member

running this pump on my road bike:

pump tires up to reasonable pressure to get home, after getting a flat

obviously takes more effort to take up to 110-120psi riding pressure than a track pump, but that’s not the point of a pump for emergencies 😉

airborne
    Free Member

What you need my good man is Carradice – purveyor of cycle-luggage to the gentry and the finest bags and packs known to man. All handbuilt in England and personally signed by the individual who handmade your bag. I have a Carradice Nelson longflap on my tourer and a Carradice Superb C saddlepack on my Cotic Soul. Both are built to last a lifetime, they are utterly impervious to rain, mud, filth, abrasion and time. The Super C saddlepack is the ultimate MTB saddlepack.

http://www.carradice.co.uk – seek and ye shall find.

Airborne

oldgit
    Free Member

Agree Carradice or nothing. Got a Super C audax bag on it’s way.

globalti
    Free Member

Bontrager have some pretty nifty little bags, which have good clips for the saddle rails.

iainc

Tried a few, just use pockets now. Phone and keys on right, lezyne caddy with tubes and tool in middle, food in left. Good for 70 miles 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

Rob.Iv,e got a Topeak Aero wedge.Think it’s a medium one.Iv,e never used.Think i had it on once.Yours for not many pennies mate.

Addy in profile.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

rob i have mailed you

robhughes
    Free Member

Back at ya rob…

mindmap3
    Free Member

I use a tiny Lezyne jobbie too. Just big enough for a spare tube, tyre levers, patches, CO2 canister and a park tool. I only put my phone and food in my jersey pockets.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘I NEED a saddle bag for my road bike – YES I DO!’ is closed to new replies.