• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mm93.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I need a new phone. Please help!
  • rhid

I need a new android phone. Ideally with 32gb storage and under £150. All I really use it for is pics, music and standard phoning people!

I see a lot of Chinese brands on amazon which are in budget but know nothing about them. Im on 3 so would need something which works with that!

Can anyone recommend me something please? Its a minefield!

chestrockwell

Not sure if either are in budget but I had a Samsung S6 which was rubbish so best avoided. I then changed to a Samsung S7 which is much better and one I’d recommend.

Work phone, don’t get to choose.

rickmeister

In time honored STW fashion, something I bought that’s out of your budget but actually avoids the misplaced triple whammy by being android…
    Black view bv8000 pro. Ruggedised outdoor phone. Great reviews….

Del

motorola g5 or g5s if you can get one in budget. pretty plain vanilla android.
    the g5 i have has dual sim and 3GB of RAM, works well, and has proven robust. i wasn’t bothered about the dual sim but the extra gig of ram was worth the modest uplift in price IMO. bought from amazon. i would buy again if i needed to.

mikertroid
    Free Member

@rickmeister which site did you get that from? Looks ideal for me.

rdoadesuk

Huawei P8 light 2017. We gave my son a similar budget and he went off and did his homework and decided that that had the best spec for the money. Worth a look…

downshift

Just bought daughter a Motorola Moto C Plus. Big (replaceable) battery, sd card, decent sized display and all seems absolutely fine. £100 I think from Argos. In fact I’m struggling to justify getting anything else for myself as my iPhone 5S continues to degrade…

rhid

I looked at the P8 as I can go to a shop and buy one! Its just the storage issue as my old moto g4 is full up. I use amazon music and it only stores downloaded music on the internal memory (I think).

rickmeister

@ Mike …
    We bought a couple off eBay to replace an iPhone that was slow and a windows phone …. Haggled a bit on price…
    We are in Germany so picked an in country seller. They are cheaper from China direct but that risks import duty and is slower…
    Bv8000
    Put it into google and pick a seller with good feedback….

mikertroid
    Free Member

Cheers!
    My son has just mentioned he’s used Gearbest so might look at that….

Mintman
    Free Member

I got a Wileyfox Swift 2x for £145 delivered last month and I’m very pleased with it. They’ve got other phones in their range for much less than that including some with adverts on for fairly low prices (40% less I think).

carlosg
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Black view BV6000 since July 2016 , has all the things I need, can be bought for less than the BV8000 it just looks a bit more rugged. The only phone I’ve ever owned that I haven’t killed within 8 months.

dirkpitt74

Wileyfox Swift 2 – have the original Swift and it’s been a great phone for 2 years so far.

rhid

I just got a wileyfox swift 2 plus for 120 direct from wileyfox.

They had another deal for the same phone for 70 with something called ad x which shows you adverts on your lock screen. Apparently it can be removed for a price. I didn’t fancy the hassle though!

Good deals to be had though.

CraigW
    Free Member

Nokia 6, £150 from Carphone Warehouse. Pretty much vanilla Android, and due to get updated to Oreo shortly.

mm93
    Free Member

Huawei p10 lite are 32gb, might be slightly over your budget still though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I need a new phone. Please help!’ is closed to new replies.