Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I need a new MP3 Player, any suggestions ?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Lost my Sony NWZ, was looking at the new Sony E series, 16GB for £98 from Argos. Not fussed about video playback or owt else, just music. I’ve had a few Sony ones and never had any issues with them so I like Sony. Never bought into the iPod lifestyle marketing rubbish and they do seem to go wrong a bit more, or at least they used to. No eye deer about any other makes. Not really looking at spending over £100.

Suggestions?

DrJ

Never bought into the iPod lifestyle marketing rubbish and they do seem to go wrong a bit more, or at least they used to.

Blaa blaa blaa.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ipod is my one concession to living the apple dream

they really are better than the rest sadly

firestarter
    Free Member

i love my sansa clip plus as long as you only want it to play music its great. its got 8gb memory and currently ive an 8gb card micro memory card in too but will take a 32gb card . for a 40gb player the size of a zippo lighter and only 45 quid from currys 😉

review here
    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2009/08/sandisk-sansa-clip-plus-review.php

top of the 2009 pile 😉
    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2009/12/top-5-mp3-players-of-2009.php

scruff
    Free Member

mmw, please expand. Why are they more betterer ?

djc1245
    Free Member

I've got a Sansa Fuze, 8gb with 8gb SD card. Works great and nice and small too. Simple to upload music from the PC too.

Jamie
    Free Member

Never bought into the iPod lifestyle marketing rubbish

*sigh*

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

scruff, of the ones i've tried they have the best audio quality, by far the best user interface and look nicest. I'm talking big beasty 100Gb+ mp3 players though. The wife has a nano and i have a shuffle but i've not tried direct competitors to these.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have a 1st Gen Sansa Clip.

It produces better sound than my brothers 3rd gen Ipod classic, but obviously, its not as much as a beautiful thing or as slick and well thought out.

Purely for music though its pretty bloody good. When 32gb micro SD cards are about I'll get the second gen.

firestarter
    Free Member

you can get the 32gb micro cards now mate just a bit pricey at the min

edit cant find the link now ;-( ive seen one or two tho samsung springs to mind ??

MRanger156
    Free Member

iPod – the Genius function is fantastic. Sony a close second for me for build quality.

snakebite
    Free Member

I'll lend you my ipod for a week, then you'll know why….

I can stick some Spandau Ballet on for you as well

damitamit
    Free Member

If you want another Sony, my NWZ-A729 16GB is for sale. Email me…

nicko74

Creative Zen – nice size, better sound than the ipod, plus an SD card slot if you want to expand the memory at all.
    Sansa players are pretty cheap for what they are, although the SQ apparently is average rather than amazing.

stevious

Had a couple of sony players in the past and stuck with them for a while but the headphone sockets kept breaking after about a year. Great sound quality though.

For a while I had an iRiver (can't remember model) which was pretty good in some ways (easy to drag & drop files, good battery life) but was a let down in terms of sound quality and useability. The menu system was a pain in the nuts, and it refused point blank to play some albums in the correct order, no matter what I did with the file info.

I inherited an iPod nano and was going to sell it (I too had issues with the apple marketing bollox), but after using it a wee bit to see what the fuss was like I'm a convert. Sound quality still not as good as my sony players were, but the user interface really is superb. I even quite like iTunes.

Lemurian
    Free Member

Yes the marketing is absolute rubbish, but the ipod is definitely my favoured mp3 player, just so much easier to navigate than anything else. Thought sound quality was also slightly better than a creative one I borrowed, even if some say the contrary.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I need a new MP3 Player, any suggestions ?’ is closed to new replies.