Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • i need a new headset… or just the bearings. point me in the right direction.
  • alpin
    Free Member

just decided to give the bike a decent going over. washed it down and regreased everything.

the headset was feeling a little grindy. took the bearings out and the bottom one is gone. grindy grindy. tried popping the cover to get in and flush the old grease out, but it is far too gone to waste a load of good grease on.

it is a Syncros something-or-other with a long necked cups fitted in 2009 (so it’s not done bad). there aren’t any numbers on either of the bearings. any idea where i can find new ones?

or alternatively which is a decent, reliable headset that won’t allow loads of dirt ingress? preferably with long cup necks as i’m running a long fork (Lyrik) and therefor no Chris King (heard that they can score the steerer on long forks).

cheers!

orangeboy
    Free Member

You can ether try and measure the bearing inner and outer as well as depth and compare it to the guide on the cane creek site.

Or take it to your lbs and just match it up from there selection

Your only problem may be working out the angle you need

alpin
    Free Member

exactly… thihnking it is just easier to buy a new headset.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘i need a new headset… or just the bearings. point me in the right direction.’ is closed to new replies.