Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I need a mobile phone for a month – PAYG or monthly contract?
  • ourmaninthenorth

OK, i leave my current job on Weds, and have to hand back my mobile phone. I start my new job in a month (with a telco) and will only get a new phone then.

In the interim, I am without a phone (I don't see the point in paying for one normally when my employer will). So, being eholly out of touch with pricing etc. do I go for PAYG or a monthly contract and cancel soon after takling it out?

(PS Needs to be vodafone as Mrs North is with them)

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Surely cancllation terms on a contract will be harsh i.e the rest of the contract term??

trail_rat
    Free Member

good luck canceling – just buy a 10 quid phone from tesco and be done – your unlikely to make huge bills in a month surely …

mtbfix

Surely if you sign a contract they specify a minimum 12 months? PAYG suits me fine as I am not much of a phone user.

warton
    Free Member

PATG. if you cancel a monthly contract after a month you'll get charged for the full term you signed for, and more and more companies state an 18 month minimum contract now.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

pay as you go. £20 from t mobile

or you can get a solo account (if you have a old phone that you can use)

its a contract but it only lasts a month.

ourmaninthenorth

Er, it's possible to get 30 day (monthly) only contracts, as well as 12 or 18 month arrangements.

I was trying to work out if one of those (rather than a 12 month arrangement, which I know would mean I would incur the cost of that for the term) would be better than PAYG.

Not least as it will need to cover me going abroad while I have it.

scotia
    Free Member

Never heard of a 30 day only contract..

but if you're inbetween jobs, and will definitely get one with your next work….personally i'd leave it, just enjoy having no phone for a bit – or are you needed all the time by lots of people?

ourmaninthenorth

personally i'd leave it, just enjoy having no phone for a bit – or are you needed all the time by lots of people?

Going to be abroad for a week from Thursday, then away touring on the bike for a week. Mrs is pregnant, so could do with remaining in contact.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Work out your usage and do the sums!

scotia
    Free Member

Going to be abroad for a week from Thursday, then away touring on the bike for a week. Mrs is pregnant, so could do with remaining in contact.

The only important thing in that is the Mrs being pregnant! Congrats, and then do what cynic-al suggests…i think its the best way..

tragically1969
    Free Member

Simplicity SIM only from O2 sounds about right, 30 day rolling contract, 30 day cancellation notice.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity/1_month

ourmaninthenorth

Work out your usage and do the sums!

I've never looked at the bill for the current one. It's used for work and personal calls all the time (as well as browsing), so I've no idea what my usage is..!

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers Scotia.

Frankly, I'm inclined to spend £25 to get 900 mins and international capability.

Now I need to see if we have an old phone at home…!

konabunny
    Free Member

Frankly, I'm inclined to spend £25 to get 900 mins and international capability.

Most PAYG does roaming (and has done for a while).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I need a mobile phone for a month – PAYG or monthly contract?’ is closed to new replies.