Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • I need a man bag
  • willard

Go for a smaller crumpler messenger bag? They seem pretty rugged. Failing that, just be a man and use a rucksack. Or a jacket with pockets.

wwaswas

Problem solved;

rogerthecat
    Free Member

You too can look like this!!!

chewkw
    Free Member

hilldodger – Member

As well as the standard access through the front, the Baron also has a “back door”

😆 It’s the German …

mmannerr

Rapha Backpack. I use almost as daft Patagonia pack with suits, sports jackets and goretex.
    Fashion critics will receive adjustive therapy with hammer to vertrebrae and discs to help them understand why backpack is better for injured spines like mine.

TheWrongTrousers

I use a Timbuk2 ‘man-bag’ – actually a small courier bag. Works for me – and I only get mild abuse of my two sons!

I just bought one of them and I luuurrrvvve it. But not in a gay way, obviously ….

bencooper
    Free Member

You want something to carry work stuff in? Sounds like a job for a briefcase:

portlyone

Tell me, do you find the air around you getting quite dusty at times?

Stoner
    Free Member

Maybe a cartridge bag or a game bag.?

johnhe

If I was buying a man bag and wanted something which looked neat, I’d be buying a leather bag from Fossil. Damned dear though! They seem to do courier bags and briefcases, if that makes it easier than opting for a man bag.

I disagree with you on the backpack/12 yr old thing though. You see guys in very expensive suits carrying very nice poking rucksacks all the time. The best looking ones I’ve seen personally were by Victorinox – or I assume they were since they had the Swiss cross on them.

bearnecessities

I’ve got one of them, a Wenger thing. It’s a nice bit of kit. I just don’t think they go well with suits type; the whole semi-industrial multi pocketed look rucksack, with a suit & tie? Can’t see it, plus it’s overkill for my tuna rice salad and wallet.

I’d like to ditch a laptop bag altogether tbh, but then carry lunch and gubbins in something. I imagined something leather, quality and discrete in a satchel style. The above suggestions are not what I envisaged!

Although I genuinely like the look of Bencooper’s briefcase pic!

cheez0
    Free Member

pfft,

you need one of these (or another one in the range)
    Proper man bag – with space to carry your Glock and a spare mag.

Cheers – Arnie

Cougar

I was never sure about the leather ones. I mean, I’m comfortable with my sexuality and all, but they always struck me as something you’d stick your guy-liner and boysturiser in.

dannybgoode

CountZero

I can see the point of courier bags, but a rucksac is just a much better design for actually carrying stuff.

Rubbish. If you need to put anything into, or get something out of, a rucksack, you have to take the damn thing off, then open it up. My Timbuctoo bag, or my little Polaris bag are dead easy to just swing around to my side to drop a magazine in, or get my camera out, or whatever. It’s very rare I actually have to take my bag off, except when there’s something fairly bulky to put in, and I need to rearrange stuff inside to get it in. As a courier bag user for ten years or so, I’d never, ever consider using a damned rucksack; I’d look like a foreign student wandering around Bath! 😉

bearnecessities

I’m comfortable with my sexuality and all

Appears you’re in a slim majority on this thread.

Seriously though, that briefcase thing above is in the right ballpark for me. It doesn’t quite tick the boxes, but that kind of thing I think is fine – nicely made and a discrete,quality, bag/satchel/briefcase/closit homosexual statement.

bearnecessities

Cheers Danny B

Not a fan of black and not sure of the emblem, but closer!

Cheers, Danny B

dannybgoode

How about:

Check http://oberondesign.com/oberon-accessories/messenger-bags/leather-and-canvas-messenger-bag.html and then wince at the price but be rest assured they are the nicest bags you will ever see and I am buying one as soon as I can afford one.

cheez0
    Free Member

Oi, Bear-needs-accessories!

What about a comment on MY man-bag suggestion?

(I have one of those, btw, carries my phablet galaxy note2 and my wallet, plus headphones, paracetamol etc.)

Am saving up for a Glock.

Cheers,

Glocky B

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I have some of the “gayest” bags ever stitched.

Your girlfriend loves them.

8)

somafunk

Sounds like you need a crumpler weenie like mine below, hold a 13″ macbook and book/magazine/water bottle – i never leave the house without it as the filthy state of it will attest to but it is over 8yrs old, adorned with a columbus tubing patch and my “honorary” membership patch to the W.O.M.B.A.T.S , i dunno if that makes it more of a man bag than anyone else’s but i do like a cup of tea.

I got given this River Island “man-bag” for xmas a few years ago but it’s never left the wardrobe as it’s too fancy/city boy for my liking, £18 posted and you can have it.

It looks like soft leather but it’s not, very good quality though and it was rather expensive at the time

The lining is black but the camera turned it purple for some reason

RustySpanner

CountZero – Member

I can see the point of courier bags, but a rucksac is just a much better design for actually carrying stuff.

Rubbish. If you need to put anything into, or get something out of, a rucksack, you have to take the damn thing off, then open it up.

I wasn’t just talking about ease of use.
    Carrying heavy loads in a courier bag is not good for your back.
    At all. 😀

brokensoul
    Free Member

Next have some.

ChrisA
    Free Member

Mulberry all the way. If your going to have a man bag, have a nice one

bearnecessities

Danny B – to be honest, I was rather interested in your post and I clicked the link…FFS, how much??!!!

I was thinking £100ish tops for something nicely made, hopefully in UK, but purely for nostalgic reasons.

Somafunk, I’ll bob you an email – worth a shot for that money.

Cheers, Wobbly Knees.

bearnecessities

Oi, Bear-needs-accessories!

What about a comment on MY man-bag suggestion?

Sorry. Honestly? It’s bloody ace; I love it. However, my requirements are for a work-related item for the ‘suits’. In a casual environment, yours would be top of the list!

bearnecessities

Mulberry all the way.

Not a chance. Nicely made, good quality, and then times 4 price purely for branding. Pas pour moi!

househusband

Howw’s about something from Henry Tomkins?

I treated myself to a large satchel several years ago – sounds like the smaller one might be ideal?

Very, very robust, pretty timeless and made in the UK.

chewkw
    Free Member

This is my macho man bag I bought for I think £15 or £16 from TKMaxx … in blue … very metro … 😆

The material is brilliant.

Material: Tarpaulin 1000 (polyester).
    Dimensions: 28 x 37 x 12 cm.
    Volume: 14 l.
    Weight: 550 g.

I prefer lemon colour but they don’t have one … 😆

MrSmith
    Free Member

Billingham Hadley with the camera insert taken out.

ruminant
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for a bag as well for carrying my mini about, been looking at these

Tweed musette

stumpy01

Manfrotto do some nice shoulder bags that would probably work ok.
    Tempted to get one myself.

http://www.manfrotto.co.uk/unica-iii-messenger-bc-stile

Cletus

fasthaggis

That is so Sheldon 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Multi-purpose, waterproof and adapts to the load it carries.

Perfect.

tootallpaul
    ChrisHeath

Another vote for Henry Thomkins. I’ve had one of his satchels for years. I reckon it’ll pretty much last forever.

http://www.htleather.co.uk/category/satchels

dannybgoode

Seriously BN – saw my colleagues today and would spunk the money on one of those Oberon ones without a second thought if I had the cash spare.

They are the most stunningly well made bags…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Danny – you forgot to sign your post.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘I need a man bag’ is closed to new replies.