Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I need a house in Cockermouth
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

and yes it is a real place

3 bed preferably unfurnished with a garage (hopeful) and shed (very hopeful) and garden

kinda666
    Free Member

The beer in the Bush is great, the bitter end is ok but the landlady can be a bit funny, and the swan have a lock in if Beryl is still there! Can't help with the accomodation though!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Found it a bit pricey when I was looking, hence went for Ulverston instead. Guessing you have been on Rightmove to have a gander?

Raindog
    Free Member
    JulianA
    Free Member

Rightmove

Any good?

(Beaten to it!)

Raindog
    Free Member

Beat you 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

apologies if I get sarcastic but I managed to use rightmove. Lived here before and within 20 paces of the bush but need somewhere with parking and a shed this time – not quite the bachelor pad I used to have where we used to hang out the windows on sat night playing tunes and walking on the first floor window sill above the rozzers on main st. Just to add I am now much more mature and have a missus so calmed down to being a tea drinker and all that stuff, your house is safe with me and all that.

Kinda666 are you local?? Do a tuesday night at Keswick?

RobS cant do S Lakes as they are too far from work (and I heard they have 6 toes down there!!) I'll take me chances with the jam eaters

mikewsmith
    Free Member

thankyou anc

not wanting to be sarcastic but I have tried all of the above was looking for help rather than pointing me at the bleeding obvious, I am not some halfwit who doesnt know how to look for a house just most of the offerings are crap or gone. Was hopefully after some insight or private landlord going "Hey I got a house" etc not wanting to sound sacrcastic but I hate f'in estate agents and then they try their had at lettings and ……………………………………..(filter engaged)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Know the feeling Mike – just moved from let to bought, the let was through an estate agent… and was suprised to get all the deposit back 😉

I had a pretty free hand of where to go in Cumbria – though south lakes is more convinient. Kendal would have been ideal… if it were cheaper!

Sure you will find something. I do some work up that way so will keep an ear to the ground (builders/developers/random folk… never know what may be turned up, though won't be in that part of the county in the next few days unless there is a call out!)

Andy_K

ooh Cockermouth. Thats the posh end!

Seriously though, proximity to the national park and lots of period houses makes it about 25% more expensive than nearer the coast. Where are you working?

bigG
    Free Member

no advice on property in that part of the world, but is it just me that finds that town name amusing in a kind of childish way?

anc
    Free Member

Good luck with you mtb forum based house search then!! :mrgreen: 😯

sharki
    Free Member

My local DH trails are in a place called cockercombe….

Quite irrelevant, i just needed to say summink

Drac

Good luck with you mtb forum based house search then!!

Now that's being sarcastic.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Andy

Working in Whitehaven and a few days in that large industrial complex down the coast a bit sure you know where I mean. It's not the expense that is frustrating as you get more for your money that in some other areas i have had the displeasure to live it's mainly the fact that houses come and go in about 10 mins. was hoping for the inside knowledge on one from the forum (long shot I know).

Most people seem to wait until the tennant is moved out before putting it up for rent which makes it hard to plan a month in advance.

boxelder

You really need to be up here and register/get to know the agents – as you say, the decent ones go quickly.

monkeychild
    Free Member

You can't beat that neck of the woods. I love the solway coast line, as it's close enough to the lakes but without the ridiculous lake prices 😀 I stopped in a cottage in silloth last Aug for a week and one in allonby over new year. I am quite jealous of your location hope it goes well 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I need a house in Cockermouth’ is closed to new replies.