• This topic has 47 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nathb.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Drill set advice, Makita any good?
  • nathb
    Free Member

I’ve decided to go with the 18v set, reason being is there are more accessories I want to purchase later (strimmer/cutting tool/blower etc) and they’re all 18v.

and the asbestos guys said they’ll be leaving bare ceilings/showing the joists, so looks like I’m plaster boarding every room in the house. This will be fun! 😆 Thinking I should have just plastered over the damn artex now!!
    At least we can put spotlights in now…

neilwheel
    Free Member

These type of tool holders are handy, especially for boarding ceilings.

Amazon

I have the original Big Lug version, which is more expensive but don’t seem to be available in the UK anymore, there are many other versions of clip on belt hooks.

I’ve used 18v LXT Makita kit for 8 years now – mostly outdoors and I can’t fault it. The only thing that’s failed in that time was a brushed drill driver (now replaced with brushless) and it had been proper abused. I use my impact driver probably most out of the whole lot, with a 5″ pozi bit

Off the top of my head, I have…

Drill/driver
    Impact driver
    Impact wrench
    Multi-tool/cutter
    Angled head drill
    Circular saw
    Angle grinder
    Jigsaw
    SDS hammer drill
    Reciprocating saw
    Large bandsaw
    Small bandsaw
    Hoover
    DAB radio
    Heated jacket
    2 chargers
    7 batteries from 2ah, to 5ah

No complaints with any of it

bruneep

Been lurking at this thread for a while, whats best to buy a kit set or a couple of tools and add bare tools as and when?

Depends if you find a kit that has what you want bruneep – they will be better value overall, but will come in a holdall, rather than boxes

neilwheel
    Free Member

Depends what tools you need, Makita do lots of different 6 piece kits, and they are always available at “discount prices”, which works out cheaper than buying the bits individually. As above, the boxes are great for moving around a lot but take up more space, both full and especially empty.

midlifecrashes

Now if TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs would kindly point out which is his Transporter on RobDob’s car park photos…

nathb
    Free Member

Update on this, I’m sure you’ve all had sleepless nights wondering!

I bought this set:
    DHP459RMJ Brushless Combi Drill 45Nm with 2x 4.0Ah batts and DC18RC charger in a Makpac case
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FBPMAP2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the grand sum of 150 🙂

Now I just need a start drill bit set, thinking this will see me through most things: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00936550C/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Drill set advice, Makita any good?’ is closed to new replies.